Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

steering setup q's

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by dheavychevy38, Mar 13, 2005.

1. dheavychevy38

dheavychevy38 1/2 ton status Premium Member

OK here is a question for you guys on hydro assist. Ok i am saveing for crossover but until then i have stock steering. I was wondering if you could run hydro assist like big rigs and gradalls. I work on heavy equipment and the other day was checking it out.They have a stock steering arm setup like ours but the hydro assist is like the stock steering on the other side it goes from the frame to the knuckle. What do you think? Just an idea

2. Esteban86K5

Esteban86K5 1/2 ton status

How would this work when your flexed out? On semi's they don't fles so that isn't a problem but how would you get the ram to drop with the axle? Also, with stock steering the problem is the draglink's angle and placement. Whn your drivers side tire droops you loose steering becasue of the angle of the draglink. So your ram would be deamed useless when you need it the most. It would casue your stock steering to bind and possible break it.

3. dheavychevy38

dheavychevy38 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Good point thanks it was a idea. Ya see somethin good start thinks and you don't always see the negs until they are pointed out thanks.