Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

steering shafts and parts

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by rick88blaze, Mar 9, 2005.

1. rick88blaze

rick88blaze 1/2 ton status

Jan 24, 2003
    Ok, here's the deal. I acquired an '88 Jeep Cherokee Pioneer. I don't know much about it other than it has the 4.0 I-6, auto, 4wd, cruise and AC. I am wanting to find out what kinds of axles, gear ratios, and tranny this has. I also need some hard to find parts for it. The parts I need are the u-joints for the steering shaft or a new shaft. I've called the local parts stores and looked online but haven't been able to find them yet.

If someone could tell me how to look up the specs on the jeep and where to find the steering parts I need I would greatly appreciate it.

Rick :thumb:

P.S. this doesn't mean I have gone to the Jeep side, it was cheap, and my K5 is still in Las Vegas. by the way it's for sale see my ad in the for sale forum, and I do plan on buying another K5 with the money or if it hasn't sold by the beginning of May I will go get it and bring it to Nebraska.
  2. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

May 9, 2000
    If the local parts stores cant help you, cal borgesons. I think their site is www.borgeson.com