Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Steering stabalizer question

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by ED70K5, Nov 14, 2001.

1. ED70K5

ED70K5 1/2 ton status

My stock stabalizer was trashed a long time ago and its time to replace it. I lost the old one and wanted to know if any of you guys new the length of the stock replacement stabalizer, so I can order a new one. I know any part store should have a part# for my application, but I want to use the length so I can double check with the salesperson. I hate to have to be mailing back parts, cause they sent me the wrong length. Thanks for any help you all can give me!!

Blazin' in TEXAS!

2. JBOY

JBOY Registered Member

just recently put on a whole new kit, Rancho # RS97500 according to the box.

tip to tip is 20"

-John

JBOY

3. ED70K5

ED70K5 1/2 ton status

Now was this just a replacement cylinder?? Or did it come with new brackets or mounting hardware?? I was just looking to replace the stock one, which would go on the stock mounts.

Blazin' in TEXAS!

4. JBOY

JBOY Registered Member

yes, that was the whole kit, brackets included. i'll have to check if there's a number stamped on the cylinder itself and get back to you.

JBOY