Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Steering Stabilizer Preference

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Alex, Mar 29, 2002.

1. Alex

Alex Registered Member

Based on all that I’ve been reading about the dreaded Death Wobble, I’ve decided to replace my steering stabilizer. Based on everyone's expertise, which steering stabilizer would you buy? The hydraulic or coil over? Thanks in advance.

2. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

I have the TrailMaster coil over... it seems to work well on and offroad, and its affordable too. Check out http://www.rockymountainsusp.com, they will hook you up with a good deal. The one I needed for the D60 and RockStomper tie rod was PN 57201 if I remember correctly. Good luck making the correct decision!

-Dan

3. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

Hey Dan... is that a single one or dual? I love my side to side one, but it isn't cutting it... hasen't fit right since day one

4. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

Mine "fit" fine... but I had a new mount welded to the D60, and of course the mount for the tie rod can be moved anywhere too. Mine is the single coil over version... didn't see any need for the duals with only 36" for right now. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif What kind of problems are you having?

5. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

I am not running one now. I am going to hydro assist so when the old one went the other week I decided to not replace it and have not noticed any difference without it.

6. u2slow

u2slow 1/2 ton status

I'm using a Moog Trailboss. Works for me.