Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Steering Stabilizer?????????

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by dammit32, Oct 16, 2002.

1. dammit32

dammit32 1/2 ton status

I have this rusty old steeering stabilizer on my rig and was thinking of replacing it and I see alot of options available- The Rock Ram, coil over stabilizers, dual stabilizers.
    With 35" tires what is my best option?

I'm no front end guru and have no clue which is best for me... I did some searches and didnt find anything with a 35" tire application...all were 39+

any feedback or Criticism is much apreciated as usual

2. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I currently am running the factory stabilizer with 35" tires and have no problems. I am getting ready to install my D60 and crossover and will eventually add the rock ram assist steering (best steering damper available).

3. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

Scott,

why not use the WTOR kit? it is half the price and half the problems from what i hear.

you have some inside info you are holding out on us? /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

4. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Zakk, actually I plan on buying my ram from WTO but I already have all the crossover stuff I bought from ORD. I am having issues with the gear box not having all the fancy parts on it like I have seen on the others (nothing against ORD, all they did was sell me the box. ORD did not build the box AGR did). I almost feel like I got ripped off by paying so much money for a gear box that is nothing special other than being ram assist ready. I know that I could have spent half the money on the gear box from WTO but it is now a past tense and nothing to cry over now, whats done is done.

5. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

ah...i see.

So there is nothing special on the box? i thought it was the Uber-Box. hurah for marketing /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

6. bajaviking

bajaviking 1/2 ton status

I think if your steering is in good shape and the truck is well aligned you shouldn't need more than a single stabilizer for that size tire. I bought a pro-comp for about $30 and it works fine for me.

7. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

For 35's the single should be fine. I had to go to a dual when I went to 39.5's.

8. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

I have 35" tires and I went with rancho 5400 single which is just a replacemtn for factory, just because I replaced all my shocks with Rancho's
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif