Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Steering Stabilizers

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Blazer79, Mar 15, 2000.

1. Blazer79

Blazer79 1/2 ton status

I need to change the steering stabilizer (the horizontal shock) on my 79. It's the second in 20 years! Silly me to have overlooked this.

I'm currently running 31"s, but the day these tires wear (maybe in a year), I think I'll go with 33"s. Should I get single or dual steering stabilizer? What brands have you tried and recommend or don't recommend? How often should it be changed?

Thanks

<font color=purple>////////
    Drive it like gas is </font color=purple><font color=red>$2.00/gal!!!</font color=red>
    [​IMG]

2. Brian 89KBlazer

Brian 89KBlazer 1/2 ton status

According to Rancho, anything over 35" should have dual steering stabilzers. Since they're trying to sell them to you, I'd say your more than safe with a single stabilizer with 33's.

Brian
    Still in search of the TBI KING!!

3. Depdog

Depdog 1/2 ton status Author

Call me nuts, but I did not notice the difference between the Rancho one and the el cheapo you can get at AdvanceAutoParts or at AutoZone. Well I did notice it in the WALLET. The Advance and AutoZone one are also lifetime guaranteed. I am fixing to use the guarantee on mine!!! The bottom of that sucker if FLAT.

Depdog

<font color=blue>"Lead, Follow, or BECOME the Trail"</font color=blue>

4. BlueKnight

BlueKnight 1/2 ton status

Well I have 38's and went with a dual explorer pro comp. I really dont see or feel that much difference than my stock single one. maybe a little less wander from the tires in ruts