Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Steering Sticking

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Redfrog, Feb 12, 2002.

1. Redfrog

Redfrog 1/2 ton status

My steering is sticking (For lack of a better term) Here is what happens. every once in a while when I turn a corner and go to full lock lets say while turning right. When I go to straighten
    the wheels to go strait again it pulls to the right until I give it a good pull and then the truck will pull real hard to the left for about a mile or so and then everything is ok the steering has been getting real tight lately (like a bad P/S pump) but it was doing this before it got tight. All of the tie rods and stuff are about 6 or7 months old the only things that have not been repalced is the pitman arm and the steering box(which has recently started leaking) everything has been greased and the pump is full....Does this make any sense to anybody? does anyone have any Ideas? I Really
    need to get this fixed it just about put me in a ditch tonight

TIA

*wink*

my 79 rust bucket will run over your 2001 chevy 4X4 tahoe plastic wagon

2. slider

slider 1/2 ton status

I had the same problem and it was the pump, The relief valve was sticking open so I was told, that will explain the pressure drop then no power steering

3. FRIZZLEFRY

FRIZZLEFRY 1/2 ton status

I had the same problem.It was the steering box.

What do I know,Im just a Ford guy [​IMG].<a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/beaterwhang>community.webshots.com/user/beaterwhang</a>