Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

steering support

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by tonsoffun, Apr 7, 2002.

1. tonsoffun

tonsoffun Guest

i will soon be building a blazer or p/u to take back to sd to 4x and i am not so familiar with the steering mods i need to make to put an 8 inch lift on an 80's p/u or blazer as far as the steering arm and steering stabilizers and their actual use. i know i sound like an idiot but i have never built a capable truck and i don't know much about them. i have done a lot of 4x but mainly on easy trail with slightly lifted trucks. now i'm ready for the real deal any help would be appreciated
  2. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Dec 14, 2001
    There are no idiots on this forum. Sometimes there are dumb questions that didn't have enough thought first. It is easier to answer a dumb question than to repair a costly mistake though. About steering supports, ORD makes both a weld in and a bolt in triangulated brace that you should install. As far as the rest, it is all personal preference. I would definitely install a dual steering stabilizer if you are going bigger than 35" tires.