Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Steering veers left after hydroboost install...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by stevos67k20, Dec 1, 2006.

1. stevos67k20

stevos67k20 1/2 ton status

ever since i installed my hydroboost i have noticed that it turns easier to the left and when i drive at speed it wants to pull slightly to the left. it never did that before hydroboost install. also when i tried to bleed the system; the wheels would turn in jerks instead of a smooth turn from left to right. what do i need to do?
    thanks
    steven k
    :truck:

2. stevos67k20

stevos67k20 1/2 ton status

anyone know?

3. mouse

mouse 1/2 ton status

Double check the hose routing. After that, restrictions or kinks in the return system could cause the problem. Are you running a "T" or the dual return? I ran the "T" method for a while, but the system works much better with the correct reservoir (two return nipples).

4. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

The wheel jerking could mean too much pressure from the pump ... do the brakes pulsate as well, like does the pedal pulsate under your foot when you press it down? That would indicate too much pressure from the pump.

Also, bleeding a hydroboost system is a PITA ... turn the wheel *and* press the brake pedal (just a little) with the front end up.

I find a piece of radiator hose on the reservoir allows you to keep fluid in it, as it will want to burp fluid out while bleeding.

-- A