Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

STEERING what to do? Please read.

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by sf_wood, May 13, 2005.

1. sf_wood

sf_wood Registered Member

So here it goes. I'm building a 77 K20.I have bought just about everything Made by ORD for the suspension.Now here's my problem , At first i didn't know if i would be able to afford crossover/hy steer (d44) but today i got a free flat top knuckle (already drilled and tapped ) and 2wd box. So now i got sway bar disconnects,and bushings sitting on my work bench for a sway bar i don't use with crossover/hy steer. Would i be able to return sway bar components for credit towards crossover. These parts are expensive so i don't want to waste my hard earned money. Can someone give me an honest opinion as to how my truck will handle on the street/highway?

2. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

What suspension products did you install? If they are ORD I imagine a shackle flip and a set of TC springs. Ditch the swaybar and don't look back. I have run no swaybar on both 2.5" and 4" front springs and had no problems. The 2.5's were a little soft and had a little more body roll them most people like but I didn't see a problem with it. The 4" springs are just fine with no swaybar.

See if you can return the Disconnects, and if you can't sell them on here. Someone always wants those on here. You may loose a few dollars but that is better then having them as paper weights.

Crossover is way more important then the disconnects.

Harley

3. sf_wood

6" tc front springs,greasable bushings,HD front greasable shackles,4"rear shackle flip w/2" tc springs, greasable rear bushings.Bolt in steering brace,t-case mounts,rear disc kit w/brake lines,bilstein 5125 14" travel shocks.Front ford upper shock mount. Lke i said just about everything they sell.

4. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

With 6" springs the swaybar disconnects were a waste of time to begin with. Return them or sell them. You don't need them with 4" springs let alone 6" springs.

Harley

5. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

ord is 110% cool thay will work with you. and as far as crossover and high steer i think thay only offer it with dana 60 axle only from them. but it has been a bit sence i was on there site. good luck with the buildup.

6. FRIZZLEFRY

FRIZZLEFRY 1/2 ton status

Crossover on a 44 is ok but I think high steer is a bit much to ask of Dana 44 knuckles.

Just my two pennies :D

Chris

7. sf_wood

I wish i could afford a dana 60 , at this point i can't so i'm just going to work with what i got.

8. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

Got you covered, no problems.
    Thanks

9. sf_wood

You guys are awesome. All i can say is , anyone looking for great customer sevice and an excellent product call these guys FIRST.

Lynnwood Neubert