Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Steering wheel asembly Is Loose as Hell

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by The Big Unit, Nov 4, 2002.

1. The Big Unit

The Big Unit Newbie

Hey All...Anybody have any ideas why my whole steering column assembly would be so frickin loose..checked the bolts on the bottom ..all is tight.. steering box has little play...but the whole column ,gearshifter and everything is not tight at all...about ready to fall off...but still drives...

Any ideas?? /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. 4x4k20

4x4k20 1/2 ton status

is it a tilt wheel? if it is there are 3or 4 bolts inside the colum that need to be tightened you have to take the colum apart to get to them

3. XtrmChevy

XtrmChevy 1/2 ton status

What he said, remowe steering wheel and blinker assembly and you will find torxhead bolts. I had that same problem last week.

4. chevelless502

chevelless502 Registered Member

Yup, its an easy fix to tighten them up once you get the steering wheel off. Its very common on 4wd trucks cause alot of people use it to get in and out with.
    Andy

5. K5DRAGER

K5DRAGER 1/2 ton status

If you want to do it yourself do a search on here. Someone here has a very detailed description on the whole process. Sorry, I can't remember who. I found it, it was by Bigburb. Search for loose tilt steering

6. Nitrodrip350

Nitrodrip350 1/2 ton status