Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

steering wheel reinstall prob..

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Neil, Sep 18, 2001.

1. Neil

Neil 1/2 ton status

I posted on the 4x4 forum 73-91 too. I am reinstalling after rplacing the key cylinder. The shaft seems like it is too low to reinstall steering wheel. Any ideas?

Neil H. Alabama.. "It's a full size thang, Jeep owners don't understand!!" '78 K5 400ci 4x4 AT,AC,PW Cheyenne., '74 C10 4x2

2. Captkaos

Captkaos 1/2 ton status

Neil are you saying you think the shaft isn't high enough for the wheel to go back on?

BTW, I am from Birmingham, AL.

Chris Lucas
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.captkaoscustoms.com>http://www.captkaoscustoms.com</a>

3. chevyracing

chevyracing 1/2 ton status

I would check the compression spring under the plastic cap on top and make sure it is seated. You can buy the tool for next to nothing to make that little task easier. If the cap is not seated it will appear your column is too short.
    John

Like to go sloppin' 'round in da mud in a rapid fashion....=) [​IMG]

4. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

NEED a BFH, that solves everything, either fixes it or breaks, either way it will work when your done.

Like em big and topless
    Excuse me...Would you mind removing your import from under my chevy?