Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Steering Wheel Revolutions

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by jimmyjack, Nov 12, 2000.

1. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

For all you full size steering wheel blazer drivers....... From stop to stop, how many revolutions does your wheel make? Mine goes 3 and 1/4 turns, I can make incredible U turns but I can barely get around a right hand corner. I noticed the rear tie rod for the steering arm is really long and butted up against the other tie rod inside the sleeve so it cant be adjusted. I think the easy solution is to replace the long tie rod with a shorter one but wanted some input from some people first.

creepin' and crawlin'

Jim

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

My wheel goes 3 1/2 turns lock to lock. 1 3/4 turns each way. It turns very sharp left or right, maybe a little sharper going left. Does that help?

Rene

[​IMG]

3. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

Yessir it does, I think its just a matter of changing the other tie rod so I can adjust the wheel correctly. Thanks a bunch.

creepin' and crawlin'

Jim

4. FWP

FWP CRS

The long one should be in the front, and the short one towards the back. I just got done changin the ends and I noticed left would hit the mechanical stop at the knuckle, but right wouldn't. I adjusted the length to get lock to lock, then my steering wheel wasn't centered- damnit[​IMG]. When I use the adjuster sleeve to center the wheel, it doesn't go lock to lock- 2xdamnit[​IMG][​IMG]. I wound up "customizing" the steering wheel and turn signal mech to get it straight.

<font color=blue>Maverick</font color=blue> <font color=red>CH 4 or 35</font color=red>