Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Steering wheel

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Nikk, Feb 27, 2003.

1. Nikk

Nikk Registered Member

Hey,
    I have an older sport steering wheel that I'm not going to be using on my Chevelle project, I would like to install it on my truck if possible. It's a wood wheel, your average 3 spoke with holes running down on each spoke. What would I need to install this(an adaptor?). Where would I get something like this and is there a specific name for it?
    Thanks again. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Nick

2. BRN78BLAZER

BRN78BLAZER 1/2 ton status

if the wheel is anything like a Grant wheel, just by their adapter for a chev truck. Or if you know the brand try and see if they have an adapter. If all else fails and your handy, you try and make your own adapter or modify one with the same type of splines inside the hub.

3. BRN78BLAZER

BRN78BLAZER 1/2 ton status

just had another thought, If you can't get the adapter, you could cut apart an old gm truck wheel down to just the hub, then drill it to fit your wheel on, fix on a horn cap(good luck making the horn actually work) and you'll be good to go.

4. Nikk

Nikk Registered Member

Thanks any other thoughts from anyone