Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Steering

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Flyinhi86, Jun 3, 2001.

1. Flyinhi86

Flyinhi86 Registered Member

My steering seems to wander somewhat. I have 35's with a 4" lift. I have dual steering stabilizers. What can I do to stiffin it up.

2. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

Do you have the steering box brace kit? If not, it should tighten it up a bit. It's not very expensive.

<font color=red>I'm a psychic amnesiac. I know in advance what I'm going to forget. </font color=red>

3. backlash

backlash 1/2 ton status

Jason,

Go to Main Index and then look for aftermarket products. There you will find a great place to spend money... Off Road Design. The steering brace that muddin mentioned will help correct frame flex that is an inherent problem on the K-5. If you run the tires and lift you will subject yourself to a cracked frame. If you already have a crack ... use the search button to check out where this occurs ... near the box. If cracked ORD makes a brace kit for cracked frames.

Good luck!

PS if not cracked get the brace, but you may have something else loose in there!