Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

steering

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by kyrel69, Mar 27, 2002.

1. kyrel69

kyrel69 1/2 ton status

Do you think it is worth the trble to go from the stock steering in a blazer to cross over steering.
    I have grafted blazer axle and steering out of a 78 blazer into a cj7. I left it soa and use a 2in jeep lift spring. I have the raised steering arm in and just got a block. for the steering arm.

2. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

The big gain out of going to a cross over set up is when the truck is flexed up the stock short drag link will get at a sever angle and you will not be able to steer. It's a real pain in the butt. If the truck doesn't have a lot of travel and the drag like is near level they you probably wouldn't notice an improvement. if it has flex then yes you would be wise to go to a cross over. I imagine you could use the stock jeep box since I think it is already in a cross over configuration. Do you know if you have a D44 front axle or a 10 bolt? My guess is you have a 10 bolt. your probably going to have to track down a set of Flat top D44 knuckles and swap them out so you have the knuckles that can be machined to work with a steering arm on the passenger side.

3. kyrel69

kyrel69 1/2 ton status

I have a 10 bolt in the front