Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Stephan, ORD prices...

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by jmeador74, Nov 4, 2001.

1. jmeador74

jmeador74 1/2 ton status

Hey Stephan... I have a 72 Chevy Blazer, 4in lift, 327, sm465 and a np205 right now...

I just bought a donor chassis with the whole driveline out of a 91 blazer for 1500... it even had some nice 15x10's and 35's to boot... but what I am trying to do is get the 700r4 to mate up to my truck and wanting to know a few prices on some of your parts...

input gear for 205 27 spline?
    coupler 27 spl- 27spl? (may already have that....) don't know... donor chassis has 400sbc, 700r4, np208?
    do you have stock adapters for th350/700 r4 to np205 for sale and if so how much?

One last question for you...

when I change my driveline from man to auto will I have a problem with my stock driveshafts or will they still work?

2. 82GMC

82GMC 1/2 ton status

Only thing I can help with is your driveshaft questions, YES you will ned new one's. The 700R4 is 30? inchs long, While the SM 465 is a whole whopping 14 inchs long[​IMG]. So you'll need a longer front shaft and a shorter rear shaft[​IMG].

I am the hunter Who live's in the darkness, And grows through your fears...... And you are the hunted.

3. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

You will need new driveshafts, the TH350 and SM465 combo's are about 2" shorter than a TH700/205.
    The output shaft for the TH700 is $160
    Input gear for the TH350/205 varies, but we might have a good used one for $80 or so. New is about $145-$150.00
    Drive sleeve is $125.
    Factory adapter housing, I don't know the price, I'd have to call to get it. I know we used to sell them for $285 and that price has been raised substantially.
    I think that answers all the questions.

Making the world better, one truck at a time.
    SW-ORD
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.offroaddesign.com>www.offroaddesign.com</a>

4. 2cocky

2cocky Registered Member

Why can't he just use the drived shafts off the doner truck? Am I missing something or would they be the corect lenght?

OOOPS....I THINK I JUST RAN OVER YOUR JEEP THING!!!!!

5. jmeador74

jmeador74 1/2 ton status

The ones from the donor truck are from a 91 Blazer and mine's a 72... the wheel base for both trucks are different from one another and the ones on the donor are a fixed length and mine are adjustable. The ones from the donor look to be way to long to fit, but I haven't really tried to use them either. I might.
    72 Chevy Blazer

P.S.
    Hey Stephan, thanks for all the info... it really helped out.