Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Stephen, a question about your Ford front 60...

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by nvrenuf, May 30, 2002.

1. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

Jan 7, 2002
    I know you have a coil over spring set up now but did you ever run the Ford axle in the original leaf spring configuration? I have an 87 Ford 60 that I want to install into a 87 K30 but my housing is roughly 4 1/2" wider than the Chevy frame. If you did it, how did you overcome this? I thought about shortening the long side but the short side is already about 3" shorter than a Chevy 60 so I'm also worried about interference problems. Any ideas?

Thanks for the help!
  2. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

Sep 15, 2000
    Actually the only thing ford about my front is the ARB, the rest is TeraFlex, GM, or just new D60 parts. We used GM length tubes, GM shafts and outers on the Tera60R center, so there weren't even spring perches on it.
    I would say about all you can do with what you have is build custom mounts to move the springs out to match the perches, but then you can have tire interference problems. past that you have to modify the housing. if you do this I encourage you to look into using GM inner shafts (build the housing around these dimensions) so you have common parts to put in it.
    Sorry, no quick easy solution on this one.