Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

stephen, can you make this?????????????

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by captain chaos, Apr 19, 2002.

1. captain chaos

captain chaos 1/2 ton status

stephen, can you make a 2" body lift for me??? i need one for a crew cab. i tryed to buy one but no one will sell me one. say the cab is to heavy. i posted this on the garage board and got a reply that it has been done and worked fine. i was just wondering if you are set up to do more then a 1".
    bolt's really aren't an issue just the puck's. i really don't want to spend the money ording 2 kit's from the other's just for the extra 2 puck's. have ordered from you before everything worked great. next will be talking to you about crossover and changing a 205 to 32 spline.
    anyway thank's for the great product's and the info.

dave

2. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

C.C,

I know Stephen was willing to do 2" set for me.....it's not a big deal, but you might find that it's just as easy to locate the solid aluminum bar stock and have a local machine shop cut it into 2" pieces and drill the holes for you.

You could always call ORD directly and ask, but I think he quoted me something like $120 - 150 for a complete 1st Gen set (pricey due to the "aggravation factor" I'll bet! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif)

3. captain chaos

yes that would be a little pricey. i could just buy two kit's then.just thought i would ask. know it could be a pain, also thought about doing it myself. but then you get into that time is money thing..
    thank's

4. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Why not just call JT Industries (not sure of the ph. no.) which is somewhere in Cali, and ask them for the blocks?

I got just the body blocks from them once. No bolts or hardware, just the blocks. I got the fourteen 2" blocks for only $25. They also had the 3" blocks, too.

Ask around if anyone knows where JT Industries is. I used to have that ticket from them for the blocks, but can't find it.

When you do get ahold of them, they will NOT ask you ANY questions. You just tell them how many and how tall of blocks you want and they will oblige you with no questions asked. /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

5. captain chaos

thank's k 30
    i will try to look them up. been meaning to get ahold of you. will drop you a e or pm one of these day's.
    thank's again
    dave

6. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

We can build or find anything you're willing to pay for. Problem is the 1" pucks are turned out by the hundreds, doing 2" pucks would involve a guy standing at the machine building them specifically for you, which is the reason for the extra expense. You probaby would be best off trying to work with someone that builds aftermarket 2" kits. Maybe combine a couple of K5 kits? Or just order individual blocks.
    $140 or more is probably close, by the time we do the extra steps it's not far off.

7. captain chaos

thank's for the reply. been trying to find another brand.
    you wouldn't know how i can get ahold of JT industries???
    another member turned me on to them but i can't find a phone number.
    thank's

dave

8. Morphgizmo

Morphgizmo Registered Member

CC

I'm not familiar with that company, but I did a web search for "JT Industries" in California and came up with an address for a machine shop <a target="_blank" href=http://plantfloor.com/states/ca/ca_metalworking_mchg_general_j.htm>on this page</a>.

J T Industries
    15421 Olde Highway 80
    El Cajon, CA 92021
    phone: (619) 766-4762

Not sure if this is the right place. Maybe it will refresh the memory for the guy who bought from them before.

9. captain chaos

thank you, morphgizmo.. i'll give them a call, all i'm out is the phone call. they are suppose to be in el cajon...
    hell i didn't even know that was in californa......lol

dave

10. Morphgizmo

Morphgizmo Registered Member

No problem.

I hope it's the place you were looking for.

11. Don

Don 1/2 ton status

How about going to You"re Local Specialized Metal Outlet, and Buying enough 6061 T6 Aluminum Tubing?

Many Stock Sizes, O.D. are available, with a hole already made through the tubing.

Simply cut off to the length You need, and possibly Bore the Hole larger with a 1/2 Drill, in respect to the size of the Bolts.