Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Stephen, have you and Fox worked out a deal for discounts?

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by Mudzer, Nov 7, 2001.

1. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

I am a ColoradoK5 member now and need to order some parts from Offroad Design. Can you let me know what the discount is going to be? You can email me if you want to keep this on the low down. npickett@toast.net

Looking at a couple of things. Need the steering box brace kit for 73-80 frame, plus want to talk to you about the Gen 2 for SM465 setup.

Mudzer 1978/91 K5
    <font color=blue><a target="_blank" href=http://www.mudzer.rockcrawler.com>www.mudzer.rockcrawler.com</a></font color=blue>

2. Executioner

Executioner 1/2 ton status

Temp. Ft. Walton Beach Fl. home=Tucson, Az.
    If you want a real discount, try ToyBox Offroad, last time I was pricing ORD products, they were giving some
    good discounts to us.

3. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

Hey there, how have you been doing? Havent talked to you in a while. Send me an email so I will have your current address. I have a bunch to tell you about. npickett@toast.net

Later,

Neil

Mudzer 1978/91 K5
    <font color=blue><a target="_blank" href=http://www.mudzer.rockcrawler.com>www.mudzer.rockcrawler.com</a></font color=blue>

4. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

Exe,

You apparently haven't priced Toybox's stuff in a while. They changed their prices and they are the same as ORD.

I personally would rather by from ORD, a CK5 member and and advertiser, than a non member or advertiser.

MUDZER, to answer your question, I purchased several items from Stephen yesterday and asked the same question. Stephen and Steve have yet to work out a deal, but they will.

Derf00

5. shaggyk5

shaggyk5 1/2 ton status

actually dude, im pretty sure damon from toybox IS a member, and probably might be working on the advertizing angle for all we know.

-matt
    <font color=blue>86, 350, 33's</font color=blue><font color=red>Lop Sop Doi Off-Road</font color=red>
    www.chevyhedk5.tripod.com

6. Boss

Boss 1/2 ton status Author

DISCOUNT! DISCOUNT!! DISOUNT!!! DISCOUNT!!!!

Pic of my truck Before N' After
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/BeforeNAfter>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/BeforeNAfter</a>

7. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

Shaggy,

Hey, no offense inteded, and there is nothing wrong with Toybox, he handles some things I would like to purchase in the future. If Damon is a member, that's great, and I wasn't aware of that fact, if he is working on future advertising, that is even better. The point I was trying to make, is that I would support a CK5 member and advertiser before anyone else.

Derf00

8. shaggyk5

shaggyk5 1/2 ton status

hey man, no offense taken, i was just letting you know. [​IMG]

-matt
    <font color=blue>86, 350, 33's</font color=blue><font color=red>Lop Sop Doi Off-Road</font color=red>
    www.chevyhedk5.tripod.com

9. I must say I have been holding out on buying anything for quite awhile due to the negotiations between CK5 and ORD.

[​IMG]<font color=red>BigBurb[​IMG]
    <font color=purple>I Like my Burb'n on the ROCKS !!
    <font color=black>Imported to Kentucky through military channels !!

10. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Damon's user name is Moose I believe...

Rene

<font color=green>Dyslexics of the world...UNTIE!</font color=green>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/project_T2> tRusty pics...</a>

11. Executioner

Executioner 1/2 ton status

Temp. Ft. Walton Beach Fl. home=Tucson, Az.
    Yup, and he will give us(CK5), a very good discount on ORD products today, no whineing !

12. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

Well damn, it is a good thing I can still type with my foot in my mouth. Sorry!

Derf00

13. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Well I don't see Stephen whining...
    Obviously this is between Stephen as a business man and Steve Fox on our behalf. Whatever they come up with is cool by me. It is good to hear Damon is offering discounts to CK5er's though.

One thing that fails to get mentioned is the free technical advice that Stephen provides ad nauseum here. Obviously it does drum up new business but his time is valuable too. There is a value that should be attached for his advice and I don't think many people take that into consideration.

Just my two cents...

Rene

<font color=green>Dyslexics of the world...UNTIE!</font color=green>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/project_T2> tRusty pics...</a>

14. Sparky87k5

Sparky87k5 1/2 ton status

I've consulted with Stephen on a couple of issues and have bought the parts I needed from him. He knows his stuff, gives plenty of free advice, takes all the time you need to get the answers and doesn't charge a dime. I remember those things when I look to do business someplace. So far for me, ORD's parts have been first class in quality and in price. Plus, Stephen is just one damn nice guy to talk to!

87 K5, 427BBC,D60 & 14BFF, NV4500, NP208, TSM disc's,

15. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

I would like to second what Sparky said. Yesterday I received my shipment of items I purchased earlier in the week, and am very happy with what I received. I had called Stephen twice and spoke to him at length about his products and my 1ton conversion. Simply put, he is a very nice guy, and he knows what he is talking about.

Derf00

16. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

THanks for the attaboys, we try hard to help people up front and hope they come back to buy. It usually works out, plus it's just a nicer way of doing business and when it's a pretty huge chunk of your life like it is for me being friendly is just easier.
    Our member discount program is going to be revolving specials on different individual parts, kits, etc. It might be free shipping one month (period to be determined also, but a month is a good round number), a deal on steering the next, etc. Our first special was supposed to be on the 4" flip kit, but since some of our last batch didn't make the QC cut, we're not doing that one now. Our plan is to use the member discount to take advantage of overstocks, special deals and that kind of thing and be able to pass them on. We may look into selling some winches and recovery gear for example if we can get a special price on them and pass it on. But the current plan is to figure out what to replace the flip kit with for the first special!

Making the world better, one truck at a time.
    SW-ORD
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.offroaddesign.com>www.offroaddesign.com</a>

17. Brian 89KBlazer

Brian 89KBlazer 1/2 ton status

I want to add my thanks &amp; "attaboy" here too! I've had a number of shipments come from Stephen (along with some hefty phone bills from the local phone company [​IMG] ) but Stephen has always taken the time to come to the phone &amp; answer all my questions. He has provided free advice on issues that had nothing to do with buying parts from him &amp; has never rushed me off the phone; even though I'm sure he had plenty to do. I know that his prices are a little higher sometimes but having bought other products from the US &amp; other companies; I can tell you that dealing with Stephen &amp; ORD has been a pleasure; not an ordeal. [​IMG] The other thing to note is that ORD products are very high quality &amp; when you compare what ORD produces compared to somewhere like Off Road Unlimited for example; Stephen's prices start looking MUCH more reasonable.

Many thanks again Stepehen &amp; it truly is good to see a company online &amp; there for us.

Brian
    89KBlazer

Build it Right or Don't build it at all!!

18. yeild2me

yeild2me 1/2 ton status

well, i havent got to deal with stephen because his parts arent crappy enough [​IMG][​IMG] lol... all of the items i have bought (shakle flip, quick disconnects, steering brace) have such a good reputation, no need for me to bother him!! of course, an overstock of front shakles and greasable bushings would be nice!! [​IMG]hint hint!

later rob

350 TBI, 700R-4, NP241, D44-14FF, 4:10's, 38.5 TSL/SX's, full conv., full cage
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.yeild2me.rockcrawler.com>www.yeild2me.rockcrawler.com</a>

19. dawson444

dawson444 1/2 ton status

An over stock of cross over kits for D60s would be really nice! (hint hint).

Dawson
    Raleigh, NC

88 K5, 6" lift, 36" TSL Radials, 14 Bolt, Rancho 9012s

20. thebigdaddyof2

thebigdaddyof2 1/2 ton status

Damn, I need to buy a 4" flip kit NOW!!......
    Thanks for all the effort guys.
    todd

thebigdaddyof2