Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Stephen - I saw your Arms in person

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by Mudzer, Oct 29, 2003.

1. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

I stopped by Frisbie's place and saw a set of your High steer arms and by far, they are the best I have seen to date. Nice welds on the caps too! I'm still saving for a set. After all that bawling, I still don't have the money for a set! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif I might have to make a special trip out to see that CNC machine of yours. Do you give shop tours? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

I think there the best out there for our applications and I'm not just saying that because he is an advertiser here, they are the only ones I have seen that have an offset tierod mounting point to try and get back some of the akerman angle. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    [​IMG]

3. Mudzer

[shiver]There they are aggggaaain...[/shiver] /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

4. ben427

ben427 1/2 ton status

They are impressive, and if he can ever find my quote i got a set comin /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. 84K5BD

84K5BD 1/2 ton status

i agree, i did alot of searching before buying. one of the best mods i did to my k5. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. rodzzilla

rodzzilla 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [shiver]There they are aggggaaain...[/shiver] /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you need a hanky to wipe up, Neil?

They are sweet arms. Someday.

7. jac6695

jac6695 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I think there the best out there for our applications and I'm not just saying that because he is an advertiser here, they are the only ones I have seen that have an offset tierod mounting point to try and get back some of the akerman angle. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely great setup! My truck handles like a Vette! Well, except for the unbalanced 38" Swampers, rough front springs, and slightly warped driveshafts that make the truck bounce like crazy. Wait, what was my point? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

8. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    I stopped by Frisbie's place and saw a set of your High steer arms and by far, they are the best I have seen to date. Nice welds on the caps too! I'm still saving for a set. After all that bawling, I still don't have the money for a set! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif I might have to make a special trip out to see that CNC machine of yours. Do you give shop tours? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

So let me get this straight.......MOO buys parts from ORD? /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

"Who's yer Daddy?"

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

9. boz42

boz42 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

i love hearing good things about those arms. i ordered mine 2 days ago along w/ a bunch of other shat.

if they look 1/2 as good in person as they do in the picture i will be a happy camper. (i bet they look better in person though) /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. Mudzer

[ QUOTE ]
    So let me get this straight.......MOO buys parts from ORD? /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

"Who's yer Daddy?"

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You didn't hear? Steve Frisbie just bought a $200,000 CNC Milling Machine and will be building Doublers and ORD Copied Steering arms real soon... Bah! Gotya didn't I? Not true....

Of course he buys parts from ORD. He has purchased many parts from Watson in the past. It's the "dont step on each others toes" mentality that good Fabricators have. Steve doesn't build any products in Stephen's product line and vice-versa! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

There's usually a pretty good portion of "massive time and effort invested to get one part built for my truck when I could just buy it and be done" thrown in too. That's the reason we sell Doublers to guys that own machine shops, unless they just want to mess with the project, it's much more efficient to just take a single side job at the shop rate and order the kit than to spend a bunch of time figuring out how to build it and still getting the unpolished early production version.