Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Stephen Nother Doubler??

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by Depdog, Dec 16, 2000.

1. Depdog

Depdog 1/2 ton status Author

Feb 17, 2000
    O.k. I like the idea and size of the 2nd gen doubler. I am currently running an SM465 tranny with np 205 case. What are my options in keeping my Sm465 and still being able to run a doubler. Also are you working on a new adapter to go between the Sm465 and the 203 so its not a foot long!

<font color=blue>"Lead, Follow, or BECOME the Trail"</font color=blue>

2. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

Sep 15, 2000
    there are some ways to make the 465/203 adapter shorter, but only by a couple of inches. It's only 4 1/4" or so as is. Cost to gain those extra couple of inches may not be worth it. I really think you'll be just fine with just the GEN2 tied to the trans like the factory did. You'll be just as long as the original 203 was, and only 6" longer than you are right now. That could help you out, a lot of lifted GM's with the 465/205 have problems with the front driveshaft binding up.
    You'll be 5" shorter than my K5. I do have to have a CV shaft, but it runs pretty smooth.
    We're getting down to really expensive inches now. It might be cheaper and easier to move the motor forward a couple inches! I know this has been done on some early k5 installations.