Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Stephen PLEASE HELP

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by sf_wood, Apr 26, 2005.

1. sf_wood

sf_wood Registered Member

just wanted to get your input.I got your 6" lift/4"shackle flip,2"spring,all greasable.What do you think about the rancho 9012?Buy 3,1 free. Will they work with stock rear mounts? If not, which will ? I don't want to do that inboard thing with rear.I'm going to do f_rd front upper mount.
    Any suggestions?
    1977 K10 350/465/205/d44/14b ff

2. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

I'd prefer a gas monotube shock myself but the adjustability feature is nice on the 9000's. I ran a set to destruction and they worked pretty good within the limits of the twin tube design. I didn't think the valving was quite right, it always seemed like I wanted less compression and more rebound but some of that's personal preference.
    You should always measure shock lengths yourself but it sounds like you're on the right track. You should be able to put a 14" travel shock in the stock mounts in the rear and with the ferd shock towers, you should be able to get 14's in the front.