Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Stephen Please Read!

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by Batmanjr, Aug 29, 2003.

1. Batmanjr

Batmanjr 1/2 ton status

I purchased a set of greasable bushings from you a couple of months ago and I was finally installing them... Once I got to the point where I was going to insert grease through the zerk fitting, The zerk flew off because there was so much pressure it blew off... It was like the bolt wasn't drilled far enough! The fact is, 3 bolts blew the zerks off, no grease went through them and my grease gun is in two pieces! Could I please get 3 new bolts??? The ones that blew were the front two bolts on the rear springs, and one of the bolts that goes through the frame at the rear of the front springs.... They're two different sizes if this helps! Have you gotten any more stickers in too? Thanks a bunch, I know this will be taken care of, I've heard nothing but great things about your customer service! Thanks again, Bruce /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. jac6695

jac6695 1/2 ton status

Stephen and I were just talking about this problem. You might want to try to rotate the bolts. Might not be lined up to push the grease through to the bushings. I have a couple like that, also.

3. thebigdaddyof2

thebigdaddyof2 1/2 ton status

Yep, I've ran the ORD greaseable bushings front and back for several years now and sometimes I need to rotate the bolts just a little so they will accept the grease. Not really a big deal to do.

4. Batmanjr

Batmanjr 1/2 ton status

What did you guys do about the zerk that came off? Can I replace the zerk with a threaded one? I have a bunch of those, but I would hate to do this and then bust another grease gun cause it was the bolt's and not this... I will try this on Mon, going out of town the next couple days, thanks guys!

5. K10ANDYKHAMNIC

K10ANDYKHAMNIC 1/2 ton status

just drill and tap them 1/4-28 ta da no more poppy zirks .

6. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

Let me know what happens with these, the others are right on, if the hole is in the wrong place, the lube can't get out of the bolt or can't get out the hole in the sleeve. I usually have a one bolt on my 'burb that won't take the grease but so far it's been a different one every time.

The press in zircs can be pressed back in if you like or you can do like andy suggested, tap it and screw it in. You'll probably have to re-drill the hole since the depth and dia. are not set up for the screw in zirc.

You could probably weld the press in zirc on there if it came down to it but you shouldn't put that much pressure on it, it'll either take grease or not.