Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Stephen, Pulled this from POR

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by Cliffy, May 29, 2001.

1. Cliffy

Cliffy Registered Member

Originally posted by Stephen:
    Don't want to blatantly try to sell stuff on this page, but just for info purposes only....
    It'll be way cheaper to look at doing a Doubler kit with the 350 trans and the 350 version 205 setup that you have. Give it a good look. It's not like you already have parts with the right bolt pattern for a Klune without buying more stuff.
    Gearing wise, you're WAY better off with an underdrive than an overdrive. An underdriven setup will get you 41:1 with a Doubler and deeper than that with a Klune, depending on which box you want to use. An overdrive with expensive 4.56 gears gets you 22.8:1 in the lowest hole. That's a no brainer for the off-road part.
    On the road, with 4.10's and 37's you'll do about 2700 at 70mph. With the 4.56's and an overdrive, you'll do about 2300rpm at 70.
    Underdrive cost: around a grand minimum, lots of room up from there.
    Overdrive cost: Gearvendors is about $2400. plus the cost of the axle gears...
    I know what I'd do!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah the Klune-V is about $1900.00 bones. That's pretty steep but I'm not sure what you mean when you say. "It's not like you already have parts with the right bolt pattern for a Klune without buying more stuff." What else would I need. Also how much does the Doubler adapter cost?

Another reason I liked the Klune-V is, it's length it looks nice and short especially compared to a Doubler set-up. I guess I could move the engine forward though. I want to avoid crazy driveline angles and having to buy $$$$$$$$ driveshafts.

Plus I would need to find an NP208 also and I still wouldn't get as low of gearing with the doubler as I would get with the Klune-V, but if the price of the Doubler is GREAT (in comparison) I may go that way so please tell me more Stephen

Coil sprung 71 blazer.

2. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Do you mean ORD and not POR? Just wondering what POR was if you did...? Only heard of POR as in the paint and Pirate Off Road..... [​IMG]

"Suck Fumes Ford Boy"
    "I love my country, I fear my government"
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.chevycagal.homestead.com/steph.html>http://www.chevycagal.homestead.com/steph.html</A>

3. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

that was a reply post stephen made on pirate board

<font color=red>Sherman, Tx
    "I'd Rather Be a Fencepost in Texas than the King of Tennessee" -Chris Hall
    TEXAS COUNTRY PRIDE
    </font color=red>

4. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

I figured that...but there are so many Steve's and Stephen's floating around the off roads boards I check, never can tell! [​IMG]

"Suck Fumes Ford Boy"
    "I love my country, I fear my government"
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.chevycagal.homestead.com/steph.html>http://www.chevycagal.homestead.com/steph.html</A>

5. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Hmmm...he's posting on Pirate and ignoring his very own forum...whassup with dat? [​IMG]

Here I thought he'd unplugged his puter so he could get his Jimmy ready for TTC! Good luck BTW Stephen!

Rene

<font color=green>Dyslexics of the world...UNTIE!</font color=green>