Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Stephen - Questions about your D60 steering arm.

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by Mudzer, Sep 19, 2002.

1. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

Feb 17, 2000
    Does your Crossover Steering arm for the Dana 60 come tapered for a standard GM Tie Rod end? I forgot the part numbers for my tierod ends, but they were the same everyone else uses for the Dana 44 Crossover. What is the pricing for just the arm? Do you plan to make some High Steer Arm's in the future?

2. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

Sep 15, 2000
    Yup, tapered for the GM tie rod end. Adaptable to draglink ends or 3/4 thru hole for a spherical end but we use and recommend the GM tie rod ends.
    Arm price is $165.00
    I'm trying to figure out how to build a high steer setup with out dramatically increasing the stress on the tie rod. The problem with most kits out there is the tie rod ends up moved back a bunch which increases the stress a bunch, as much as double in some cases. I'd prefer that customers don't break our parts and that much stress on the ends is asking for problems. The best compromise may be the setup I'm running where the draglink is attached to the tie rod, but that path isn't all roses either. Basically at this point, no, we don't have high steer arms and don't have a plan for any at this point. What we can do is build a mirror of our right arm to put on the left side if you want. It does increase the stress on the tie rod that way but it's not too bad.
  3. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Jan 12, 2001
    Neil, when you and Jim come to get the M1008, remind me to show you the ORD D60 crossover arm I have.

I bought one to have for a future build up and its still sitting here on my desk. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif