Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Stephen, Thanks for the assistance.

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by cybrfire, Sep 21, 2004.

1. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

Thanks for helping me with that order. Can't wait to get the parts on. 4-5" of lift with 44's will be interesting.

2. rodzzilla

rodzzilla 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif What are ya getting?

3. cybrfire

Stephen hooked me up with the bushings to do the 52" swap up front and put factory springs back on the rear as well. Then we discussed things such as rear spring life up front with overload and without and things to alleviate the problems that come with this swap. So with any luck other than bad My swap will finally be done by early next week. Maybe even this weekend. Been so busy doing other things lately it will be nice to have that part done.

4. 85mudblazin

85mudblazin 1/2 ton status

come on share the info, overloads or not?? what else??? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. cybrfire

Well, the problem with leaving overloads in is they kinda end up acting like a big fork on a fork lift sticking out like that. Problem with taking them out is once you do you can get more stuff out of your suspension which is exactly what will kill that particular leaf spring. They were never meant to go beyond flat or much beyond at all. That is exactly what the overload is there to prevent. The third option as Stephen and I discussed it is to go to a spring shop and have a couple smaller leaves made to substitute for the overload. This would step the stresses on the spring down nice and gracefully.

Another thing that can be done is to bump stop the axle from having to much upward stuff. This is probably the direction I will end up going and maybe cutting off some of the length of the overload. At least for the short term. After all I can't get to carried away with tire stuffing anyway. Some others may find benefit in one of the other options or just run it and see what happens.

6. rodzzilla

rodzzilla 1/2 ton status

Cool. Get pics up as soon as you can. I think I am going to go that route on the front of mine. I will probably be calling you for info. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. 85mudblazin

85mudblazin 1/2 ton status

Yea I was planning on using a bump stop also, keeps the tires out of the fenders a little to.