Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

stephen what do you score?

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by mudhog, Jan 17, 2002.

1. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

what do you score on a rti ramp? i just saw you in the ttc tapes damn you did awesome on the mini rubicon nice flex[​IMG] you did great in all of it i think if you could have done better in the tank trap you would have won that was a bummer

wheeling pics

2. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

i think the magizine article has it listed...let me go digging. I have more mags then I have car parts...LOL

<font color=red>Life is like a mud hole:</font color=red><font color=blue>
    When the S#!T gets deep, you have to keep moving and friends can always pull you out</font color=blue>
    55 Willy's

3. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

empty handed sorry. for some reason I was thinking it was mid 900's

<font color=red>Life is like a mud hole:</font color=red><font color=blue>
    When the S#!T gets deep, you have to keep moving and friends can always pull you out</font color=blue>
    55 Willy's

4. shaggyk5

shaggyk5 1/2 ton status

i think itwas like in the 870's. not bad for 42's.

-matt
    <font color=purple> "Stuff's only good for 2 things, degreasing engines and killing brain cells"</font color=purple>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/shaggyk5>www.geocities.com/shaggyk5</a>

5. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

I think it was in the high-800 to low-900 range.....but Stephen has commented that the truck is capable of more than that. He said that there is such a thing as "TOO MUCH FLEX" and it begins to actually make it harder in certain situations.... I think he stiffened the truck up before the TTC for better overall performance, and deliberately took a lower number on the RTI test.

I know, I know a 1000 RTI score is serious "bragging rights" but it may not be the best answer in actual applications. [​IMG]

All this from a guy who can only ramp a 534.....sheesh! [​IMG]

-Greg72

'72 K5 Blazer - 427BB/TH350/NP205/6" Lift/35x12.50's
    <font color=blue>See it here: </font color=blue><a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/albun38>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/albun38</a>

6. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Keep in mind that his score was on a 30 degree ramp, over 800 on a 30 degree ramp is VERY good. Prolly well over 1000 easy on a 25 degree ramp.

Steve

Director of Global Expansion

7. Brady

Brady 1/2 ton status

Just happen to have the Mag right here.He scored a 863 on the 30 degree ramp.There was a couple above 800.A heep had 813 and the S-10 Hybrid had 812.Brady

'73Beautiful Disaster

8. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

That's pretty much it, 863. The limiting factor on the ramp was the tire in the wheelwell in the rear, I probably had some left but it was all sort of running out of room about there so it's not far from what it's capable of.
    Greg's right, I stiffened it up but it was after TTC, I barely had the welds cooled off at the event. Truck had 5.5 miles on it. I broke the rear gears in on the ride and drive. Never gave the front gears any warning, just started flogging them. I guess it did run in full time 4wd for a while so they did spin some before we really jumped on it.
    Now the front is a little stiffer to start and gets really stiff after about 4" of bump travel. On a ramp it stops about 1" short of full compression so it's still pretty limber. It does drive over the top of a 20 degree by bunch. If you watch the tapes close you can tell the rear doesn't work very much while the front goes everywhere. I like the rear a little stiffer so that it equals out a little better when it's climbing but it was pretty unbalanced at TTC. Now it's pretty nice, especially with the top, doors, tailgate and spares missing. Losing top weight was huge.
    I don't think I have a real world crawling improvement over my custom leaves. I have some more articulation and more vertical travel but in slow stuff it was always adequate before. In faster running the extra travel is fun.

Making the world better, one truck at a time.
    SW-ORD
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.offroaddesign.com>www.offroaddesign.com</a>

9. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

thank you for the info you did an awesome job in ttc i have watched the tape several times now and am very impressed you made the mini rubican look easy[​IMG]

wheeling pics