Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Stereo in my convertible K5 (which is FOR SALE by the way)

Discussion in 'Audio' started by 73Topless91, Jul 9, 2002.

1. 73Topless91

73Topless91 Registered Member

<font color="#666666"> My main post is in the 'For Sale' forum. Thought stereoholics &amp; bass fans would be interested in some specifics regarding my stereo, so here are details-- AM/FM cassette &amp; single CD in dash, 6-disc CD changer installed in Tuffy security box, 2 additional amplifiers, $700 JL Audio Stealthbox subwoofer (hidden in center console/ armrest) JL Audio.com.
    Head unit is 1.5 DIN size, &amp; was the top of the line Jensen at time I bought it. Was also the only option I could find that had 1.5 DIN, CD changer controls, in-dash single CD, &amp; cassette. Front speakers: Blaupunkt components. Rear: Pioneer 6x9s. Went with the subwoofer up front &amp; personal to help with laws of physics when I go convertible (which is always!). In other words, what sounds like great bass in most trucks disappears when you take off the top. I'm glad to say I made the right choice. The system's sound is awesome, just like the rest of the rig.
    Makes my K5 almost as much fun sitting still &amp; listening to tunes as it is to drive!

Following is the original post in the 'For Sale' forum, which has a link to photos of the stereo. (My apologies to moderator Prembird if you think I'm bending any rules - delete, move or modify as necessary.)</font color>
    High-resolution photographs: custom 1973 K5 photographs

1973 K5 Blazer, highly customized. Fully convertible with new soft top (Specialty Top Co.), excellent condition hard top, custom bikini top. 1991 fuel-injected 350 engine. Lifted w/ new BF Goodrich A/T KO tires. 1997 Chevy Tahoe power seats. Air conditioning.
    [​IMG]
    Appraised at $21,200. I'll scan the document &amp; post on the photograph website later. More details to come. Make an offer!
    Answers to some posts:
    VIN- CKY183F108799. VIN may not be helpful: from my experience, CarFax-type reports don't go back to 1973. Let me know if you find otherwise. As a result, mileage uncertified. '91 engine is well-cared for; fellow that sold it to me said it had 10k miles, but undocumented. Odometer reads 6,200 miles. Located in beautiful Colorado.
    <font color="brown">Contact by e-mail: </font color>kyoblonski@aol.com
    High-resolution photographs: custom 1973 K5 photographs

2. blazerboy72

blazerboy72 1/2 ton status

what kind of wheel are thoughs model? brand? thanx

3. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

They look like Centerline Hellcat's........

4. 73Topless91

73Topless91 Registered Member

Re: Wheels (Re: Stereo in my convertible K5)

<font color="green"> If you have any responses to my original post above, please write them here: my main post in the 'For Sale' forum <font color="green"> </font color> . Thanks - I may not get to posts in the Audio forum as quickly. Plus, there's some interesting responses to my 'For Sale' post to read there.</font color>

BlazerBoy- Do you like the wheels? They're my favorite, &amp; I got lucky finding them - the same model isn't made by Centerline anymore. Some of their new wheels that almost look as good are their HT Style 33 Hellcats [​IMG] and their Style 00 Convo Pros [​IMG]
    Luckily, if you want my exact style of wheels, I know 1 place where you can still get them:
    Buy my truck! /forums/images/icons/wink.gif
    Where can I see some pix &amp; details on your '72?
    Steph- I checked out your '86 K5 - a beautiful beast. That's gotta be a killer stereo, too.