Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Stereo

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Chief, Jun 25, 2001.

1. Chief

Chief Newbie

The radio in my 84 K5 is broken. Any ideas on a good stereo that will control a CD changer and NOT require cutting any metal?

2. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

This is more suited to the audio thread, but here we go -

I don't think anyone makes one anymore, other than Classic Audio, which I have heard quite a few horror stories about. You can install a DIN stereo without permanently disfiguring your dash if you make two horizontal cuts above and below the shaft mount holes and fold them back.

If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all[​IMG]
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://pugsley.alloffroad.com>http://pugsley.alloffroad.com</A>

3. Jason73K5

Jason73K5 1/2 ton status

Get yourself a Tuffy security console. Leave your old radio in the dash and run everything through the stereo in the console. It also makes it VERY hard to steal your stereo and the controls are right at your fingers.

4. shawnboy

shawnboy 1/2 ton status

Panasonic made an awesome CD player with changer capabillities. It is from the Rebel Gear line, model
    CQ-DPG615EUC. Unfortunately it was last years model and it is discontinued but still available through through some dealers. This thing is impossible to skip no matter what you through at it. It is a face off deck and best of all it requires no cutting to install.
    Good luck, Shawnboy.

5. RaisedK5

RaisedK5 1/2 ton status

If they still make it, Kenwood has the KRC-3006 which is a dual post changer control, if mine ever dies and they still make one thats what i'm putting in.

RaisedK5

"Of all the things I've lost, I think I miss my mind the most!"

6. ChrisM72beast

ChrisM72beast 1/2 ton status

7. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Just hack your dash. The previous owner of my truck did it and it turned out great. You can hardly even tell.

Tim
    '84 Chevy K10, lifted, loud, fast, and 3/4 ton axles

8. tori89k5

tori89k5 1/2 ton status

i'll sell you the stock one that came out of my 1990 last week.... cheap......

New '90 K5 sitting in my driveway !!! YIPPPIEE !!

9. Hathaway

Hathaway 1/2 ton status

I've got the original out of my '86 [​IMG] Works like a charm, even has a tape deck ooooooooo. But i'd buy Tori's over mine since he posted first. And then what you could do is get a CD changer that has an FM modulator so it basically plays through your radio. You can buy em any where, Crutchfield, Best Buy, etc etc. Just look around.

Dan, '86 K5, 5.0L v8, NP208, TH700R4, open 10bolts front and rear, 3.43gearing, K&N filter, 31x10.50R15 Trailhandlers