Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Steve--?? about your SSR review

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by jarheadk5, May 23, 2001.

1. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

I just read your review of the Swamper SSR's, and I've got to ask: Does this quote contain a typo?

"One of the first things we noticed after the SSR's were mounted was how quiet they rode on the highway, the noise level was comparable to BFG All terrains, in fact it almost felt like we were driving a stock truck again."

Did you accidentally type All Terrain but mean Mud Terrain??
    I read the rest of the review and I can see you're very impressed with these tires. If you're really comparing the noise and on-road handling with BFG AT's, then these tires are probably the closest anyone's come to a truly "all-around" tire!

**I just re-read what I wrote, and if I sound like I'm making an accusation, I apologize. I'm not making any kind of accusation, I just want to confirm what I'm thinking.

<font color=red>Click those banners and help support CK5!!<font color=black>
    [​IMG] Semper Maintenance!

2. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

You read right, they are quiet like my AT's were. If your looking for a radial these things rock. The only negative I've heard is they don't last long, but I won't know that for another year or so, I do have 4,000 miles on them already though.

I know other people here are running them and maybe they can give some more insight on noise and wear.

Steve

Mall-Running poseur 4x4 with curb-feelers

3. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Mine have lasted almost 30,000 miles....They are almost at the limit bar that go's across the tire....Check my link for pics

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://community.webshots.com/user/vwryda>http://community.webshots.com/user/vwryda</A>