Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Steve... Buyer/Seller rating system/forum??

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by txbartman, Sep 21, 2001.

1. txbartman

txbartman 1/2 ton status

I know this has been tossed around in the past, especially when we started talking about making the site a pay site, but it seems to me as though there are beginning to be a lot of stories about buyers/sellers getting screwed by fellow site members.

Something needs to be done about this. I know I have been screwed as others have as well. But, I have also had some very good experiences. Is it possible to develop some sort of rating system for buyers/sellers? Or even a way that we could make notes about each buyer/seller like they do on other selling sites? It would help us to protect fellow users. Or even another forum under the Selling forum where we could post people to be wary of or definitely do business with. Using a forum would also give those accused a place to respond. Then it is up to us if we deal with them or not.

I know it sucks to even have to think about this, but we must begin to protect ourselves. I understand that many times people don't intend to screw someone, but it just ends up that way. Well, for whatever reason, I still don't want to do business with them. Just because someone is in disagreement with a shipper or had financial problems and doesn't have the money to refund, that isn't a good reason to make me or anyone else pay. And, I want to promote those with which I have had good experiences. I would like to know who are the good sellers. Kinda like a CK5 Better Business Bureau.

Y'all's thoughts?

Brian
    A new day.... May God be with us all.
    <a target="_blank" href=http://tx85gmcguy.alloffroad.com>My Tribute</a>

2. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

Sorta like Ebay has?? That sounds like a good idea.

I get all the exercise I need pushing my luck! [​IMG]

3. Cusm

Cusm 1/2 ton status

I have offered my ebay id to look as a reference (it is not real hhigh, but shows me to be reliable) and I would like to see it here as well. Post your ebay id as a back up so people can look at some feedback for you.

Good lord. The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up it's butt.

4. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

That's a good idea - maybe slip a EBay ID slot in the profile information?

Special thanks to those lost from IAFF Locals 94 and 854 - You shall never be forgotten
    <a target="_blank" href=http://pugsley.alloffroad.com>pugsley.alloffroad.com</a>

5. txbartman

txbartman 1/2 ton status

That would only be effective if you use ebay. I don't. Only buy/sell on here. I want something that is more useful for CK5ers.

Brian
    A new day.... May God be with us all.
    <a target="_blank" href=http://tx85gmcguy.alloffroad.com>My Tribute</a>

6. Rockjunkies

Rockjunkies 1/2 ton status

Speaking of buying and selling, when will I get my membership package? I really just want the sticker and the discounts. Any chance of getting discounts from Chevy Duty? I see that you are advertising for them, and I have spent close to five hundred with them in the last two weeks, and plan on spending another five hundred in the near future. So give me an update.

Keep it simple!

7. Tuskadero

Tuskadero Registered Member

That just goes to show you that there are alot of shaddy people who are members of this site. I wouldn't trust any of them, I no i've left some lame post in the past out of boredom but common, I have been serious ever since and people cant wait to attack my post. That is not very cool

8. Jeff427

Jeff427 1/2 ton status

I am running a bit behind with all the orders I have been getting, so Steve doesn't have enough of the member stickers to start sending out the packages yet. I am sending him a bunch tomorrow, so he should be able to send them soon. Sorry for the delay [​IMG].

Jeff427
    <a target="_blank" href=http://muddog.off-road.ws>Mud Dog Off Road Club</a>

<a target="_blank" href=http://lyonsdesign.bizhosting.com>Lyons Design Web Site</a>

9. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

I wouldn't say there are lots of shadey people here. It is just a kinda buyer beware deal like wityh eBay. If anything it is better cause you actually can talk to people and have conversations or pm people and get to know them. Personally I think there are a ton of great people here and most of the bad seeds are routed out.

-Mikey
    1987 Chevy K5 Blazer- 350 TBI
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/captcrunch>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/captcrunch</a>

10. 78Jimmyish

78Jimmyish 1/2 ton status

And as with everything, I'm sure people are MUCH more likely to post every negative and not every positive. So the only messages you see are about people getting screwed, not about the everyday buys and sells. There may not be as much screwing going on as it seems because it's the people that are getting screwed who are being the outspoken ones (and well they should be!!)

I do think a rating system is a good idea. Something simple..couldn't hurt..course, I'm not the one that would have to code it...

11. AGM73k5

AGM73k5 1/2 ton status

I was thinking about how coding something like that would work. I figured it woud be somewhat time consuming for Steve or whoever coded it. Perhaps if on the forsale ad that people bought from they would add a post about how the transaction went then when the seller sells again or the buyer buys again someone can just do a search for the buyer/sellers name and see their previous transactions. I'm not sure if that would work effectively but it may save time over coding something :)

-Aaron

___ __ _ _ ____ __
    AGM73k5 -- ajgm1@yahoo.com

12. BigTex

BigTex 1/2 ton status

Well, that would work but a lot of kinks would have to be ironed out. I am a regular buyer/seller on ebay and like their system. However, I don't know if a buyer/seller rating would do justice for a person who has been a member for a long time and then suddenly decides to buy something. The seller will see he has no rating so would be hesitant in selling to that member. In other words, a great deal of us log on to just take each others' advice.

That being said, I think if someone is selling/buying something, they know what they are getting into. Barring any unusual circumstances, I think people need to be more responsible. I'm all for posting someone's name on this board if they screw a member. If a person knows his/her name will be posted, then maybe they'll think twice before screwing someone.

<font color=red>"SETTING OFF ALARMS IN A CITY NEAR YOU!"</font color=red>

<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/BigTex-Mean-Machine>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/BigTex-Mean-Machine</a>

13. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

I had to laugh when I saw Blazerbabe referring to the "shaddy"(learn to spell ----&gt; it's "shady") people on the site.......Last time I checked she was one of them!!!![​IMG]

I thought you were going to be leaving us ever since that UFO stole your Blazer and your camera...........[​IMG]

<font color=blue> WE WILL NEVER SURRENDER<font color=blue>