Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Steve: Chat room times, whatcha think?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by laketex, Jul 11, 2000.

1. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

Ok guys, I keep seeing these posts saying to meet in the chat room. I only got in on this thing once and it was great to ask questions live and shoot the sh!t. So why don't we come up with around 4 or 5 daily times that quite a few people would like to get on. Then if you wanted to chat, then you could plan on coming to CK5 at that time. It seems that alot of people are on here all day long so they are more likely to catch people in there. But I know that there have to be more folks like me that work 10 hrs a day, 6 days a week and have other stuff to do. Tell me what yall think? And some good times to do it. We could say every 4 hours maybe EST, then everyone can convert, whatever...

Whatcha think?

??????????????????????????????[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Durant, Ok
    '79 Blazer in progress

2. J.R.

J.R. Guest

Re: Chat room times

sounds good to me.

BIGBLOCK MAN

3. chevy4x4

chevy4x4 1/2 ton status

When i come to colorado k5 I immediately go to the chat room and login. I fhtere is someone there, I talk with them but if there is no one there. I open a new window and check the posts aut I check back about every 5-10 mins to se if someone came.

<font color=red>Chevy4x4<font color=red>[​IMG]
    http://fourbyfour.coloradok5.com

4. chevy4x4

chevy4x4 1/2 ton status

5. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

You only work 10 hour days ? Geez, some people have it so easy..... hahahahahahaha. I agree with you on this one, I get home late most nights from work and would like to do some chatting in real time with others but nobody is in there. If there were some type of set times that would be a great benefit to us guys who are extremely busy.
    L8r,

.Riz.

6. Eric78K5

Eric78K5 1/2 ton status

I would like to get in on this. I work strange hours too, and the few times I've been in the chat room, I've managed to learn alot. I'm especially interested in talking with guys from South Carolina and surrounding areas...I'd like to do a trail ride with people who already have experience at this.

7. nyyef

nyyef 1/2 ton status

i'd love something like that, but i live somewhere the time difference is about 9 hours (ahead). so i never see much of anyone on the chat.

Knife.

8. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

Ok, since a few folks want this and I'm sure more would follow....how about every 4 hours, Mountain Std time...(this is COLORADO k5!) Like this:

4 am
    8 am
    12 pm
    4 pm
    8 pm
    12 am

And yeah I know most colorado folks wouldn't be on at 4 am, but perhaps people like Knife with a 9 hour time difference could utilize that time. Just a thought to get us folks together on this. Now I'm sure we'd Mr. Steve to post something to the chat room board or something so everyone would know. If he has an interest in this that is...dang me always thinking this is my house....seems that way as much time as I spend here [​IMG]

Steve? Good idea or bad? Thanks.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Durant, Ok
    '79 Blazer in progress

9. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Good idea, after everyone agrees on times, I can put the info on the chat page so people see it when they go there.

Steve

10. chevy4x4

chevy4x4 1/2 ton status

I'm always on past 2:00am
    lats night i was in the chat room till 3:00 am talking with dawson444.

<font color=red>Chevy4x4<font color=red>[​IMG]
    http://fourbyfour.coloradok5.com

11. nyyef

nyyef 1/2 ton status

fair enough, sounds like a plan.
    i do have a question, i sometimes (well most of the time) have a hard time connecting to the chat. the screen pops up and it says connecting to server but it stops there.
    is it because the is a firewall on my ISP?

Knife.