Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Steve question?

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by Batmanjr, Jul 29, 2001.

1. Batmanjr

Batmanjr 1/2 ton status

Steve,
    I know you're not too crazy about Klune-V gear box, but I've been told by thatk30guy to talk to you. I'm running an SM465 into a 6 bolt gear box(It will mate with a TH400 without an adapter) How difficult is it going to be to put a 35 spline output shaft in the 465? Klunes website says they have an adapter for a 35 spline 465 that's 2wd, could I just find an output shaft from one of those and swap it? Once I do put the 35 spline shaft in, I have found an adapter housing that normally mounts an older style 205 to a th400, can I reverse this housing and us it to attach the 465 to the gear box? I'm trying to slightly modify my drivline to increase the strength of their gear box. Basically order a th400 gear box and make my 465 look like a th400 to it. Is this insane or is there an easier way to get 4:1 ratios or even 8:1? Thanks

2. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

The 2wd 465 output is a 35 spline, but if you have the 32 spline, I'd say leave it alone, I don't think you'll get an axle or driveshaft to hold up to enough torque to break the transmission output. Do you have a round 205 already? That's what you will need to run the Klune unless you buy an adapter to go from the round Klune pattern to the fig 8 205.
    For close to the same money as the Klune, we can get you a complete Doubler kit, including the 205.......

I had to throw that in!

Making the world better, one truck at a time.
    SW-ORD

3. Batmanjr

Batmanjr 1/2 ton status

Stephen-
    I have already decided to go with your doubler kit, and as posted under Wes's post I've already got almost all the parts. My question now lies within that post. For building the strongest drivetrain possible. I will talk to you in the future about purchasing your adapter kit, and let you know how my 465/203 32 spline match up goes.

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

<font color=red>My Wife:</font color=red>"Only two minor cosmetic problems: The inside and the outside!"

<hr></blockquote>
    1972 K5 502CB,465,203/205Doubler,14FF/D60