Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

STEVE, RE:new reply order.

Discussion in 'Feedback | Site Announcements' started by shaggyk5, Mar 27, 2000.

1. shaggyk5

shaggyk5 1/2 ton status

this is just my personal opinion, but i dont really like the way it now changes the order of posts on the main list. i think it would be great if the main list showed in the order that they were posted, and then the subsequent thread of replys were in the most recent order after you went to look at that individual thread. it was confusing when all the posts started changing order each time i came back to the main forum list. BUT if this is how most people want the setup i'll just have to get used to it[​IMG]

shaggyk5

aint nuthin in the world like a heavy chevy!!

2. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

I completely agree with shaggyk5. I can't stand the way the posts keep changing. It was way better the old way.

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad

3. Come on guys. now you don't have to search for posts, it brings the ones that have been posted too on the top and keeps the others in sequence until a post is made to them. I really think you'll get used to it quickly and begin to like it !!

[​IMG]<font color=red>BigBurb[​IMG]
    <font color=purple>IF YOU'RE SCARED, SAY YOU'RE SCARED !!

4. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Gotta agree with Shaggy, I prefer the original way. If there were new posts to the ones listed, you just saw the "New" in the replies column, telling you to look at that posting.

'79 - 406 w/IROC TPI - K5#5 - a <font color=orange>sickness[​IMG] <font color=blue>you never get enough of!! [​IMG]

5. Thumper

Thumper 1/2 ton status

Ya true enough but, you had to check almost every page for the little 'new' tab. That drove me nuts. I was on forever looking for my post to see if it was answered. This way you can see right away, and even if no one answered it, you can put in a little message and it will come back to the top for a second try. This is definately better!

Mike

<font color=blue>Thumper
    85 Fullsize Jimmy
    [​IMG]
    <font color=red>Lets Go Wheelin! </font color=red>

6. Steve88

Steve88 1/2 ton status

Yup, I think it just takes getting used to it. I didn't like it at first, but if people use the board and actually look up old posts on the same thing they are about to post something new on, it should prove to be useful for looking things up in the long run.

I like setting my history of links to 21 days or so. Keeps all the new posts in blue (until Steve changes something then they're ALL <font color=blue>blue</font color=blue> again! [​IMG])

<font color=red>Steve88</font color=red>[​IMG]
    88K5 Silverado
    thunderdog@metallica.com

7. Shawn

Shawn 1/2 ton status Premium Member Author

I agree with Thumper. I want to see if an old post was answered. I don't have much time these days to search the board and see if old posts (that are important to me) have new comments. Just be thankful we don't have the old board where your post may have lasted 2 days...

Shawn

8. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

It is keeping the active post alive and the ones that aren't at the back. In some ways it got it's + and -. The only thing I thought that could be done is have an option of which post you want to go with. One the old way in order and one with just active post. Just a thought Steve, I like it both ways.

C'moe

<font color=black>the blazer is "Back in Black"

9. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

OK, you got me. I'm kind of used to the way the board works now and I don't mind it. I'll probably end up liking it better in the long run.

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad

10. shaggyk5

shaggyk5 1/2 ton status

hey, i wasnt trying to upset anyone....its no big deal to me, i just figured id let someone know....... like i said before, im not going anywhere, ill use what ever is here.[​IMG]

shaggyk5

aint nuthin in the world like a heavy chevy!!

11. BlueKnight

BlueKnight 1/2 ton status

I have to agree with Big Burb. I like the way the posts show up. I know instantly if someone replied to a thread im following. I now spend lest time searching for replies and more time posting and checking out other things on this site

12. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Well, I changed my opinion...........and I prefer the new way. After a week of using it, seems easier after all.

'79 - 406 w/IROC TPI - K5#5 - a <font color=orange>sickness[​IMG] <font color=blue>you never get enough of!! [​IMG]