Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Steve, what are the camp and trail rules?

Discussion in 'Blazer Bash' started by 76chevy, Jul 25, 2002.

1. 76chevy

76chevy 1/2 ton status

Just wondering what the camping and trail rules are (maybe you have them already in the packet but it would be a good idea to post them here also). I'm sure you want this event to reflect well on you and users of this site.
    From growing up around around that area (Lake Powell), I would recommend the following but it is up to you. Giving this site and you a bad reputation would be an injustice, showing lack of respect for your efforts.

1. Absolutley no drinking of alcohol while driving to the event, durring the trail rides, and while driving home.

2. Quiet time after 10:00 pm or what ever the city laws are.

3. Staying on the trails. I'm sure someone or some organization would be all over shutting down Moab because people wouldn't stay on the designated trails.

4. Absolutely no trash. Everyone must have a small garbage bag on board or a place to put it in addition to those at camp.

5. No Fighting. This includes with anyone, local, CK5 members or others.

6. No drag racing, loud stereos, agressive driving, etc.. in Moab. Getting the town folks ticked off could eventually close the area down.

I'm sure you have other ideas and rules you would like to put in place. I would say that being president you have the final say and we should do what you say. If some won't listen and the offense is bad enough call the local authorities.

I hope I don't sound like a prude but I saw all of that stuff where I lived. It was amazing how some groups were outstanding and you would love to have them back and other groups made you wish you could kick them all out.

I would like to think that as CK5 followers we would act and behave better than other groups. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

2. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

> Absolutley no drinking of alcohol while driving to the
    > event, durring the trail rides, and while driving home.

I've never figured out why people want to drink on the trail. Just because you're not going 75mph on the freeway doesnt mean its not dangerous... and therefor stupid. Every once in a while I run into people wheelin in the hills... bottom of the rig full of crushed beer cans and a AK clone layin in the back. what the hell. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

> Quiet time after 10:00 pm or what ever the city laws are.

I thought our camp site was well outside of town? If so, I dont see why the community hang out area couldnt been noisy after 10, we reserved the whole group site right? So.. its ours, we can make noise. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif I'm not a noisy guy, but hanging around the bon fire and drinking has a way of making people speak loudly... and if I wanna be heard I have to speak over them. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

> Staying on the trails.

gaffing this rule off is a great way to find yourself hurtling off a cliff. Not very smart.

> No Fighting. This includes with anyone, local, CK5
    > members or others.

I'm sorry, but this is a dumb rule. If some idiot hauls off and punches me in the face, for whatever reason, I'm gonna do my best to kick his ass. Self defense is as legimate as any human right.

>6. No drag racing, loud stereos, agressive driving, etc..
    >in Moab. Getting the town folks ticked off could
    >eventually close the area down.

i agree entirely here... of course when in the boonies or on the freeway, lets hear some demos of phat K5 sound systems if anyone has one. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

> I'm sure you have other ideas and rules you would like to
    > put in place.

This event only really needs one rule...the same rule that people everywhere should follow at all times: don't be a jackass. That pretty much covers it. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif Considering the small-yet-hardcore group that is gonna go to this event, I seriously doubt we are going to have any problems.

> I would like to think that as CK5 followers we would act
    > and behave better than other groups.

not just any CK5'ers tho... but the elite CK5er... the BB faithful. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

J