Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Sticker...no sticky!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by southernspeed, Mar 8, 2005.

1. southernspeed

southernspeed 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

OK, dumb question, but how have you got your CK5 windshield sticker to stay on and not get ripped off by your wiper blades???
    I thought I made a real good job of putting mine on. I went out in the snow and sleet and lost half the 'r'. Next time out I lost the 'l'.
    Is there a way of keeping them on or do you guys just never get rain or snow where you've stickers on your windshields??:confused:

2. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

i have found that once you put it on, take a hair dryer and heat it up nice and hot then let it sit for a while, it should be fine. or put it on on a nice hot day and park in the sun, it will bake on.

they are a pain to get off, but thats the point :grin:

3. southernspeed

southernspeed 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I guess putting it on in sub-zero temp didn't really help then!! Thanks for the tip.:)

4. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

The stickers are made with vinyl film. Most companies recommend that the surface temp be at least 50* to apply them. So if it is cold out, you definitely need to use a hair dryer like big83chevy4x4 suggests, only before you stick them.

Also we don't like to use some window cleaners before appling vinyl graphics. Safest bet is water and soap. Denatured alcohol works well too.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2005