Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

sticking brakes driving me nuts! not chevy.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Jonny-K5, Sep 18, 2006.

1. Jonny-K5

Jonny-K5 1/2 ton status

my dad has a 99 dodge ram 3/4t w/ cummins and hydroboost . .. and a sticking brake pedal. pedal comes up very slowly, leaving the brake light on if you dont pull the pedal up with the top of your foot. if you push the pedal hard enough at a stoplight and let go, it will actually hold the truck still for a second or two.

my dad just had the rear calipers replaced a month or two ago. the problem started about two weeks ago, went right back to the same shop, put new front calipers on and a new master cylinder. didnt fix the problem. any ideas?

2. MNorby

MNorby 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

get oil in the brake system instead of brake fluid?

3. Jonny-K5

Jonny-K5 1/2 ton status

anything is possible. could the hydroboost leak powersteering fluid into the brake system?

i know no one put motor oil in the brake resivour

4. MNorby

MNorby 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

roomy put PS stop leak in his brake master cylinder thinking it was the power steering res. a month later the front brakes weren't releasing. The fluid in the MC felt like honey. I sucked the MC then topped with clean and bled the brakes good and hard a couple times. So far no more probs but never know.