Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

*sticky* Firefox Greasemonkey scripts....

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Avery4jc, Sep 18, 2006.

1. Avery4jc

Avery4jc 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Hey guys first off if a mod feels like it (Can Man?) I think this would be a cool sticky.
    I don't know if any of you play around with greasemonkey much but it's an extension for firefox that allows you to input scripts and change how pages that you have scripts for show up on YOUR computer only.
    I play around with it from time to time and finally found one worth my while. Not really anything special but it takes out the loading time after you post in a thread.

If you are interested this is what you need to do......

First off if you don't have it download Firefox

Next go and download the greasemonkey extension
    *you have to restart Firefox after it installs the extension*

Go to this page and right click on the "PHPBB Redirect Remover" and click "install script"

Then right click on the little monkey on the lower task bar and go to manage user scripts

On the left click on PHPBB Redirect Remover then to the right click the Add button

type in http://coloradok5.com/forum then click ok

close everything then re-open firefox and BAM! No more waiting between posts!

I thought it was cool and there are some other cool ones like one that makes the threads endless so you don't have to go to different pages but we can edit that on vBulletin anyway so I don't think it's worth posting.

Ok I figured I wasn't the only one who likes to mess with stuff like this so I thought I would share.

LMK what you think, oh and about the temp. sticky thing.

-Avery

Last edited: Sep 18, 2006
  2. Avery4jc

Found another good one for you guys....

For thoes of you that have SBC Yahoo DSL or any yahoo account for that matter this script will automatically log you in regardless of what your cookie history is which is convenient when you don't have a straight yahoo account like we do w/ the DSL yahoo (i.e. @sbcglobal.net, etc.)

Anyway here it is...
    Go to this page and as above right click the blue letters and click install script

Then right click on the monkey head in the bottom right hand corner and click manage scripts

On the left hand side of the window that pops up click on the "YMailAutoLogin" then below click on edit (it'll open in word)

go to the bottom and change the username to your e-mail address and the next line down to your password, then click save in word.

Close Word and go back into firefox and click ok, YOUR DONE!

Now when you go to yahoo.com and click on mail or go to www.mail.yahoo.com like I do it automatically logs you in regardless of what cookies you have saved.

-Avery

3. Avery4jc

Ok another great one for those of you that use Yahoo Mail....
    you all might be farmiliar w/ the annoying little thumbnails that yahoo uses to show you the pictures that people send you then it takes forever to view them and even longer to download them as in the old version of yahoo you have to do it individually, well that doesn't have to be any longer!

Go and download this script

After you install it when you have pictures attached in an e-mail it shows them as full size thumbnails!

-Avery

4. Avery4jc

Anyone like them or am I alone?
    I saw Branndon checking the thread out, you always seem to be a fan of stuff like this did you already have it?

-Avery