Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Sticky Lock?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 86blazerk5, Jan 21, 2003.

1. 86blazerk5

86blazerk5 1/2 ton status

Hey folks, I was recently doing some work on my power door lock system, and i have the power door lock system working great. However, Its not strong enough to work on the passenger side all the time. It locks, but usualy dosnt unlock without manualy pulling it up. I know the Lock actuater is working fine. Its just that the mechanical part of the lock is to stiff. Its even hard to pull it up with your hands. I have sparyed lithium greese in there, and still no change. Is there anyway, I can losen it up a bit. Thanks,
    Ike

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

it sounds like it is binding up some place you need to look in there and check it out and make sure its not binding

3. Tuff84blaze

Tuff84blaze 1/2 ton status

My Passanger side does this too, however I don't have power locks so it is not an issue for me. When it sticks I just have to either push the button in and relase it real quick when I am outside, or if I am inside I just pull on the handle and let it swing back, then walla it opens smooth as butter. To tell you the truth I like the fact that it doesn't open sometimes because it keeps theives out and kids in like a child security lock.

4. 86blazerk5

86blazerk5 1/2 ton status

Well, Nothings binding up. I have spent the past few days in there. It gave me some problems before too. I believe the problem is in the metal part that actually locks the door. I have sprayed greese on it. It didnt help. I dont know if its rusty or what. Even when you take the door panel off you can barely get to the locking device. Anymore help, or comments.
    Ike