Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Stiff Suspension

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Brownjoe, Jul 15, 2002.

1. Brownjoe

Brownjoe Registered Member

Hello again and thaks for the help with past questions. I have some more. I would like to know if any of you K5 owners experiance stiff suspension. I talke to a guy at the local 4 wheel drive place and he told me that stiff suspension was a common problem with chevys. I have never owned one before and am not sure if that is a true statement. are there any suggestions on how I could correct the problem.

2. big d

big d 1/2 ton status

possibley remove a leaf from your rear spring pack ? buy new shocks with less resistence or a dial for control ? get a softer rear spring ? /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif /forums/images/icons/confused.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif possibley some suggestions.

3. TopOff

TopOff 1/2 ton status

You can get softer springs, shocks. What springs do you have now?

Are the current springs, and shackles are rusty and ugly looking??? That could be the reason for your stiff ride.

Then again a stiff suspension is relative. My '73 rides MUCH stiffer than my friends new Isuzu 4x4... But it rides smoother than my g/f older Isuzu..... /forums/images/icons/cool.gif