Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Still debating on a daily driver.

Discussion in 'Other Rides' started by 55Willy, Jul 1, 2004.

1. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

My main concerns are monthly payment and insurance cost. then room and mileage.

I'm in sales so I drivearound alot visiting customers. I have it narrowed down to the following

99 Chevy s-10 blazer (trailblazer package before it became it's own)

'05 dodge magnum, whole lotta run and power. MPG is 19-25

'04-05 Toyota Matrix 30+ mpg 6 speed awd.

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

A friend just bought a 99 Dodge Durango. I'm impressed with it. Rides real nice, and does decent on the easy trails. His monthly payments and insurence isn't too bad either.

3. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

i vote for none of them, i would and wont ever own any such things, not as a driver or to keep, but to sell trade or cut up yes

all are new, and all are plastic and all cost payments

what exactly are you wanting to do with one of these, offroad or mainly street/highway ?

are you another person who is getting turned on by POS shiny plastic trucks and away from real metal trucks of the past? lol

good luck

4. ramjet gmc

ramjet gmc CK5 Staff Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

get a truck dodge or ford 7.3 diesel i am not that sold on the gm diesel yet but i am /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

i am thinking that you will need a tow rig to to your old tow rig /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif and if you still have a need for a pick up you will get it back with the new truck

5. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

I will not pay $35,000 for a station wagon /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

6. ramjet gmc

[ QUOTE ]
    I will not pay $35,000 for a station wagon /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

i had to go back and fix it i was thinking of the magmun moter tin the trucks and dam you are fast on the reply /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

7. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

It's early, can't sleep in and I'm bored as hell /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

8. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

I was thinking about a truck but my brother is looking at a ford powerstroke extra cab or crewcab so I don't see a reason for both of us to buy a truck. (insite: he is my boss and we live 7 miles apart)

also if you guys are looking at a $35,000 station wagon you must be wanting the Griswold family truckster because the magnum with a hemi and 6 speed is only $25,000

-Jeremy

PS my ideal rig would be a powerstroke excursion but that ain't gonna happen any time soon ($$$$)

9. ramjet gmc

10. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

the lady that came to look at my brothers Toyota echo they are selling (2 door the wife needs 4 for the new baby) and we were both looking at her excursion but it was a gas version (how lame /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif)

what kinda mileage you get with yours. But I know myself too well if i got a 4x4 truck I'd have to lift it,LOL.

11. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

318 or the 4.7? what kinda mileage?

12. ramjet gmc

the 7.3 is getten 18 on the HW and 13 in town but the 6.0 should get better but i went with the no replacment for displacement /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif and the 7.3 is proven as a good moter

13. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

I need better then that for the price difference. I get 15mpg in my 6.2 burb. I got 10mpg 2 weeks ago with a k20 on a trialer pulling 3 good grades.

and everytime I think of the dodge magnum wagon I think for 5 grand more I can get a crew cab dodge 4x4 2500 with the 600 cummins but them my monthly payments are gonna be higher then I want(can afford)

14. ramjet gmc

well you are right and 5000. will but a lot of diesel /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

15. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I think it's the 5.2 - 318. You could also get the 5.9-360. Couldn't tell you about the mpg's, but I do know it's alot better them my K5, LOL.