Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Still have Dana 60 Death wobble.

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Bigd, May 16, 2001.

1. Bigd

Bigd 1/2 ton status

My front end has got a pretty bad death wobble.THe stabilizer is new.The toe in/out is right.Steer ahaed is right,Took the shims out of the front springs too get more caster back.The steering box is ajusted properly.The tires are not balanced but am going too do that tomorrow.The thing is is when i had the dana 44 in it never did this.Anybody have the spec on the caster built into this axles compared too a dana 44.Antbody have any experiences or more ideas.Thanks.I stating too get mad at this thing.Want too go wheeling but don't want too die getting there.

2. titanic

titanic 1/2 ton status

How old is the kingpin springs over the bushings? My truck did it bad until I replaced them,(I even place a 2" washer above the spring for more tension than stock) because I run large off road tires.Set toe in more than stock if you run 36" tires or larger

3. bigdaddy89

bigdaddy89 1/2 ton status

I was getting a really bad wobble in my front end at one time whenever I would hit the slightest bump. I ended up having one of my tires out of balance. When I fixed this, the problem went away. Give that a try.

GOT ROCKS?

4. Bigd

Bigd 1/2 ton status

Thanks going to have my tires balanced.I'll try the spring thing too.Thanks for the input.Anyone Else?