Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Still learning. but have another Q

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 00silverstreak, Dec 16, 2003.

1. 00silverstreak

00silverstreak Registered Member

Dec 14, 2003
    First off I want to say thanks to all the great guys(n possible gals) that have help answer my questions so far. The K5 i just bought is my first experience into the world of off road adventuring. Most of my time has been spent working on my 00 SS and tearing up the blacktop.But, on to my question. Im wanting this rig to scare women and children so its got to be high. From what i have read, in order to go higher i need a bigger better rear end. just like in my Camaro(12 bolt). Im looking at getting a 14 bolt out of a 1977 burban for $200 bucks(j-yard). Would this be a good buy? I have head about a floating rear end, but know nothing of this. Im just needing a little guidance. btw the rear has 4.10's it it currently.
  2. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

Dec 15, 2002
    that would be an average buy for a 14 bolt if it is a full floater. If it isn't your getting ripped. The way to tell is look at the hubs. A full floaters hubs will protrude through the center of the rims. A semifloaters will not protrude throught the rim they will look just like the hubs on your 12 bolt. Do a search for 14 Bolt or 14BFF and you will find scads of information. Hope that helps.