Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Still need a little more...

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Chevy409, Mar 11, 2001.

1. Chevy409

Chevy409 Registered Member

The front springs on my 4" lift (believed to be Rancho) just don't flex enough. The springs have square spacers, those things that reduce friction, and have two clamps per spring set so they don't over compress (not the ones with the bolt but the wrap around kind). Can I modify this lift in any way to get more flex and travel without loosing any height or arch in the springs? thanks

2. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

Is your swaybar unhooked?

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://jamonline.homestead.com/fromthegroundupK54x4/89Jimmy.html>http://jamonline.homestead.com/fromthegroundupK54x4/89Jimmy.html</A>
    <font color=blue>Happy Trails[​IMG]</font color=blue>
    <font color=blue>Wayne</font color=blue>

3. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I've got 4" Rancho fronts as well, and they just don't flex very good. I opened up the clamps a little and that did help some. I think for much better ride and flex I'll eventually replace them with a softer spring rate 4" lift spring though. There's just no sense trying to "polish a turd" so to speak.

Rene

[​IMG]

4. Chevy409

Chevy409 Registered Member

I don't have a swaybar so that can't be it. I loosened the clamps the other day but have yet to try it now. Can I lossen them too much? What about shackles, will longer ones or anything like that help out? Thanks guys