Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Still need the oem support rods for the 208 tcase

Discussion in 'Parts & Trucks Wanted' started by NewK5Guy, Mar 23, 2002.

1. NewK5Guy

NewK5Guy 1/2 ton status

If someone has them, let me know. I'd really like to get my missing ones replaced.

2. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

talking about the rods that run from the side of the t-case forward up/around the tranny? I will be swapping out my np208 soon... may be able to sell 'em to ya. PM me if ya dont find em elsewhere.

J

3. NewK5Guy

NewK5Guy 1/2 ton status

Cool. Let me know how much you want for them. Are they used on the 241 as well? There's a slim chance that I will be swapping a 241 in near the end of this year, but I don't know anything about the 241. I'd still like to have them so I can get the strength back in my drivetrain.

4. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

no idea on the 241... Im an old school case guy... goin' 205. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

J

5. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

Just for your info but i ran without that brace for about 3 years...never did have a problem..i had jumped and wheeled the piss out of it and never did have a problem with it not on there...this was on my 88..maybe i just got lucky but my opinion is that its really not needed....yea i know GM put it there for a reason but i think it may be a little over kill