Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

still no start

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by mike race, Dec 7, 2001.

1. mike race

mike race 1/2 ton status

83 6.2l Just had the starter rebuilt. now i'm getting the proper rpms.No fuel now. Water seperator is empty. Rigged a bottle of fuel to the secondary filter behind the intake manifold to see if the pumps were shot. also sprayed diesel fuel down the breather. Got it to chug a little but no start. Glow plugs are working fine. Any ideas or suggestions? This is a swapped engine that hasen't fired yet.

fix'n finally

2. DieselDan

DieselDan 1/2 ton status

Air Locked maybe? Did it run out of fuel? I don't get "Water seperator is empty", empty of fuel or water? Is the fuel delivery pump working? Can you hear the fuel solenoid (on top/inside the injection pump) (listen with a screwdriver)?

Real trucks don't have spark plugs!

3. 6.2 man

6.2 man 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Don't dump fuel down the breather !!!doesn't work that way !! Check for power at the injctor pump ....If you have power crack an injection line and turn it over for till you see fuel . If there is allot of air in the system it takes allot of cranking to remove it . Did you run the fuel return lin back to the tank or plug it off ?? You need that line to run to the tank or it won't start . What I did to prime the system is got a manual pump from harbour frieght and screwed it to the secondaryu filter and pumped till I saw fuel and the closed everything up

4. mike race

mike race 1/2 ton status

I have no idea about the fuel return. I was not the one that put the motor in. It was my brother in law who gave up on it & gave it back to me to figure out. Can you give me an idea on what to look for. also injector motor is clicking when i unplug and replug in. Isn't there supposed to be fuel in the water seperator. Thanks Mike

fix'n finally

5. 6.2 man

6.2 man 1/2 ton status Premium Member

There should be fuel in the water seperator .I never heard of any Blazer having one ? Must be something added before you got it . the fuel return is a samll line that comes off the top of the injector pump . That line needs to go back to the tank . If the system has allot of air it could take along time to prime the system .If you need more help let me know !!Goodluck