Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Still not convinced that lift blocks suck?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by DUKE, Oct 1, 2002.

1. DUKE

DUKE 1/2 ton status

[​IMG]
    opps

2. Lance

Lance 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/icons/shocked.gif ...What are the detail on that pic? Is that your truck? How and where did it happen?

3. Mr.Chevy4x4

Mr.Chevy4x4 1/2 ton status

I think that is a direct result of the f.o.r.d. factor! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Mike

4. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

Yeah thats definately a ford...let that explain the pic not blocks....

5. Butch

Butch 1/2 ton status

Just looks like his axle was in more of a hurry that the rest of the truck. That is not lift blocks problem. That is I forgot to tighten my U-bolts problem

6. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

He might need a bit more fender trimming to get those tires to fit up there! /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

7. backyardbuilt

backyardbuilt 1/2 ton status

Definetly a ford problem he even put the boggers on backwards!!!

8. DUKE

DUKE 1/2 ton status

I have not idea about the details, or if this was a block job or not. I found it on a oopps page somewhere and thought you all might get a kick out of it.

9. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

OOPS! /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

10. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

I've seen that pic before. If I remember correctly the picture was taken at a truck show and the truck in the picture fell apart during a car crush attempt.

11. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

I hate to admit that I have some experience with this kind of "oops". Shortly after I had the 388 stroker broken in, I was testing the acceleration capabilites of the Suburban. I hammered it from a stop light, spun up to about 5500 rpm and then manually shifted the TH350 into 2nd. I heard/felt a loud bang and then lots of snapping, grinding and jerking. I skidded to a stop and I could immediately tell something wasn't right. The back of the Burb was sitting way low. The first thing I did was fire the engine, it killed from the violent jerking and bouncing. I then got out of the truck to survey the damage. The 32's were no longer centered in the wheel wells....not even close. I started to pick up the trail of busted parts that lay in the road behind me as other cars were running them over. I picked up pieces of two lift blocks, part of the leaf packs and one shock. I had the Burb towed home (obviously /forums/images/icons/grin.gif ). I ended up demolishing the shocks, driveshaft yoke, leaf spring on one side, brake hose, u-bolts, e-brake cables, etc. I dented the gas tank pretty good(from the axle rotating around and smacking it real good) and rearranged the sheetmetal around the wheel wells. I guess the good part is that this gave me an excuse to lift it.

Sorry for such a long post but that pic brings back some pretty horrific memories. Now I have some busted lift blocks to show off. /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif

12. jimmy88

jimmy88 1/2 ton status

Just another one of furd's better ideas...adjustable wheelbase.

13. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

I wonder if he's got his boggers mounted backwards because he knows a Furd will never make it through a mud pit -- and will always have to back out. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

14. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

in a way butch you are right, but blocks make a leverage boost. so it is probaly a combination of the two.
    but i do agree tighten the damn things better next time and get full springs.
    grant

15. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

Kind of reminded me of the funny car days when we move the rear tires forward to add traction. But I don't remember anyone doing this to a longbed Ford.... Oh that says it all Fuc*ed Over Rebuilt Dodge!

16. jeffro

jeffro 1/2 ton status

The boggers are backwards probably to provide maximum floatation during acceleration. Not necessary with a ford since SH!T Floats anyway.

17. chulisohombre

chulisohombre 1/2 ton status

same thing almost happened in my frist gen blazer.the center pin and bottom pin on the lift blck broke and i almost lost the spring pack on to the axle.the block had almost slid out from under the axle and only had about a 1/8 of an inch left holding the springs up.at work took a forklift and lifted truck up from bumper and put it back in place torqed it down and limped it home after work.next day ordered lift springs to never have to deal with blocks again. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif