Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

stinky jobs

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by big83chevy4x4, Nov 2, 2005.

1. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

today my dad and i went to the dump to get rid of shingles, 2.5 ton worth. we had to unload it by hand. it took 1.25 hours to unload. boy did it stink, about a half hour before we left, the mobile sewer truck dumped near us. and i thought it stunk before that. i almost puked 3 times. you couldn't pay me to do that again. it wasn't so bad after the dozer pushed it over the hill, but still preaty bad. now im home and i stink bad. i would hate to be the guy running the dozer every day.

2. tiger9297

tiger9297 1/2 ton status

that's the kind of stinky smell that you seem to "smell" long after ur done smelling it. like the smell of puke. :crazy:

3. koldsimer

koldsimer 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

That's not that bad. The smell from a broken colostomy bag made me almost pass out competely. If the wall hadn't been there, I would have hit the deck hard.

4. kyser_soze

kyser_soze 1/2 ton status

Every once-in-a-while I have to work around guy's that pitch-tar roofs, now that stinks.

5. koldsimer

Ahhh, hot mopping roofs... another stinky job i've had.

6. tiger9297

tiger9297 1/2 ton status

ok you win :bow:

7. Grieby54

Grieby54 1/2 ton status

colostomy bag? :confused:

Do I wanna know??

8. kyser_soze

kyser_soze 1/2 ton status

If it was in your butt you would know it. :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

9. koldsimer

While working at a nursing home.... this womans colostomy bag wasn't sealed properly. The two shift prior to mine had left her there with her bag leaking. There was probably a couple of pounds of undigested poo all over her and her bed. I nearly passed out in the wash room. It was a little room about 3x4 with a sink and a dishwasher type sprayer. I was washing it off her bed matt and the smell just hit me. Got that warm nauseating feeling and I was done. Bad, bad smell. Imagine the worst **** you've ever had x100.

10. gauder

gauder Banned

One of my jobs is an orderly at a hospital. Try walking into the coroner's department to deliver x-rays while they're performing an autopsy. It's different than a colostomy smell, but every bit as bad. :yikes:

11. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

did you use your truck,TJ? i think shingles stink enough but adding sewage must have been real bad. :eek1: and hot tar roofs not only suck,they stink really bad. :(

12. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

nope my truck hasn't moved since aug 21st. my truck would have moved it better than my moms s10 blazer, had to put it in 4 lo to move the trailer out of the yard, then again to get moving again up a hill after a stop sign.
    the bad part is that is one house, we have another load to dump next week :doah: going to rig up something next time so i don't have to smell it as long.

i don't know what a colostomy bag is, and from the sound of it, i don't wanna know.

13. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

when i was a service tech, i used to have to work on black tanks pretty regularly. poo isnt my favorite, but it doesnt bother me.

14. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

How coincidental... my neighbor just had their septic tank sucked today. The truck was backing into their driveway right when I pulled up; he fired up that PTO pump and I nearly gagged...

Burnt human flesh is a pretty nasty scent. Once you smell that, you'll NEVER forget it...

Colostomy bag is a nasty one, too.

15. odoa3

odoa3 1/2 ton status

When I was commercial fishing you would get the smell of the old fish gurry in your nose and couldn't get rid of it. Then I was in a perfume store with my girlfriend who would smell some perfume then inhale hard from this little bag on the counter, then smell another perfume. The bag had ground coffee in it- it was supposed to neutrailize the smell of the last perfume. I tried it the next summer, and it worked. No more phantom fish smell a day after unloading.
    Trivia that for once was not usless......

16. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Bad smells...

Hard to beat the burnt flesh (or hair) smell,or a colostomy bag--or dead humans being autopsied for "worst" smells! :yikes: --nothing I've had to deal with was that bad (yet!),but I've encountered a few bad ones too..

Like the day we were fishing in the CT river in brattleboro VT when I was young--we had to take a leak,so we drove the boat over to the shore under a bridge,that had a steep banking of rip-rap stones and boulders-as we were releiving ouselves,one of the guys said "eeeewww--WHO cut the cheese man???"...but it wasn't any of us!--it got stronger and stronger,then we found the source of the stench..a deer had evidently fallen down the enbankment,died right at the shoreline not 20' from the boat,and its stomach looked like a huge ballon ,just ready to pop! :eek1: :eek1: --I'll never forget that smell!..and we were glad we got out of there before it popped!

My dad worked at Liquified Natural Gas plants (LNG),and those places smell horrible from the sulpher they add to the gas to make leaks detectable(its colorless and oderless in its natural form--could snuff ya and you'd never even know it! :eek1: )..but after 20 minites,you get used to the smell,and not until you go outside and get "fresh" air and go back in,is it noticeable again..

I find the landfill nauseating too--but after you have been there awhile,it doesn't seem so bad..hot 90 degree humid days are the worst!

I HATE the smell of a "home permanent"!!--every time my mother gives herself one--I retreat to the garage for a few days.. that stuff is worse than sewerage!.. :doah:

Othen than skunks,hot tar,burning animals at a pet cemetary(you haven't lived until you see and smell a horse being creamated! :eek1: ),and dead shellfish at the seashore clam and oyster processing plants,I guess I haven't smelled the worst smells yet...I can wait.. :rolleyes: :crazy:

17. BigOrange90Jimmy

BigOrange90Jimmy 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Ah, quit your bitchin'! Try going to a fire call for a "suspicious odor". Turns out it was an older woman who had died in her house and hadn't been seen for a month.......that crap stinks!@

18. gauder

gauder Banned

That's bad too. So are floaters, we had one that fell off a bridge in December and wasn't found until March. The morgue couldn't contain that smell, you could smell it a few hundred feet away down the hallway.

19. gn4u2c

gn4u2c 1/2 ton status

I cannot belive I will admit this happend but we where riding 4 wheelers and stumbled upon a deer someone must have shot. I guess it got away because it was all swolen up like a balloon my one buddy wanted to be a smart ass and drove over it needless to say it exploded all over 3 of us. All I can say was instant puke on all our parts. That was the worst thing that ever happend to me . AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH gaggin just thinking of it.

20. tiger9297

tiger9297 1/2 ton status

OK, you may have just taken the title from Koldsimer. :bow: