Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Stirrups

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by dontoe, Jan 31, 2005.

1. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I thought I ought to post my idea for easier entry to higher vehicles that is cheap, easy and can't be torn off like hard mounted ones. I've been using the single bolt mount style since spring '04 and the other one for 3 months. They make life so much easier on my wife and that makes my life much more pleasant.

Pardon the junky green Blazer, I went out in the dark and took the photos and didn't see the crap.

[​IMG][​IMG]

2. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

JaysBeast uses actual stirrups from a saddle for his burb so his wife and kids can get it. Kinda redneck but pretty cool idea. I like it, but then again my neck is a little red.

Harley

3. dontoe

:haha: :haha: :haha: Kool! A fellow I used to ride with had a small saddle on his old Panhead. Looked very Redneck. But my arse was always sore before his! I have horse saddle bags on my Shovelhead that have been on it since day one in 1983! Black bags on black bike though.

4. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

That is an excellent idea. A guy on here actually has real honest to goodness stirrups like off a saddle. Says they work pretty well too.

Harley beat me to it. Yea JaysBeast that's the ticket. I'll go back to my hole now.

5. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

this is a good idea. a "cheap trick" in 4 wheeler one time had a similar set up, but the guy used a welder to weld 5 or 6 links together for the "step" part. Either way would work, your way would prolly be beefier. I like it. Personally, to get in my rig I step inside the rear wheel, then on top the tire... then swing a leg over the bedside and stand up in the bed... then just walk to the front and plop down. :D

j

6. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

that is still prity red neck,
    i would weld a piece of timeing chain to your sliders ans to a piece of tubeing for the step and one on the otherside, will move lateraly but wont swing out on your wife

7. dontoe

Well this way I can loosen one end and tie up my Siberian Husky too!!!

:screwy: :haha: :haha: :haha: :rotfl: :rotfl: :haha: :haha: :haha: